2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > Buying & Selling > 2003-04 Mach 1 - For Sale/Wanted

2003-04 Mach 1 - For Sale/Wanted Post ONLY 03-04 Mach 1s For sale or wanted. Please Put Year, Color & Location in title!

Old 05-12-2008, 01:36 PM   #26
AF24

Re: GI - My 03 Cobra for your Mach +cash

I have tried to respond to all PM's. I apologize for the delay, just haven't been on here much lately to check the thread.

That being said, I have decided to try to keep the cobra for the time being. If something changes, I will post on this thread. Thanks for the interest!
Old 05-12-2008, 02:39 PM   #27
AutoBell43

I know you just said you were keeping it but your cobra looks nice!
I have a 2004 blue azure mach 1 but so many people have a mach 1 here in virginia. It has cai, mrt h pipe, flowmasters, short shifter, php intake spacer, tune by DTP. it has 330 hp to tires and 350 tq. It is a really nice car! Yours looks amazing as well!
AutoBell43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 02:22 PM   #28
LXguy

No offense intended to AF24.

I've had a Mach and an 03 Cobra, and I can tell you grass-is-greener folks that I wouldn't trade. I know the Cobras are worth a lot more money and that gap will probably only increase over time, however:

I greatly prefer my Mach to the Cobra I had. The Cobra unquestionably makes more power, and has much more power potential. But there's more to a car than a dyno sheet.

I think its mostly that the Cobra is 500 pounds heavier than the Mach, and the Cobra is kind of an all-or-nothing proposition. You're either driving around under boost, which is retarded fast (but good), or out of boost, you're pedaling around a 4000 pound car with a 281 cube motor with 8.5:1 compression. As a result, you kind of have to work the car to out accelerate a Camry at a stoplight. Whereas the Mach scoots out pretty well, even at light throttle.

Also, didn't care for the T56 at all (noisy, notchy), and being a short bastard, I had to scoot the seat back to get out of the car because the side bolsters were so big.

Terminators are very badass in their own way, but you guys shouldn't think it'll be like driving your Mach with a bunch more power because it's very different.

Steve
LXguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 11:52 PM   #29
AF24

Quote:
Originally Posted by LXguy View Post
No offense intended to AF24.

I've had a Mach and an 03 Cobra, and I can tell you grass-is-greener folks that I wouldn't trade. I know the Cobras are worth a lot more money and that gap will probably only increase over time, however:

I greatly prefer my Mach to the Cobra I had. The Cobra unquestionably makes more power, and has much more power potential. But there's more to a car than a dyno sheet.

I think its mostly that the Cobra is 500 pounds heavier than the Mach, and the Cobra is kind of an all-or-nothing proposition. You're either driving around under boost, which is retarded fast (but good), or out of boost, you're pedaling around a 4000 pound car with a 281 cube motor with 8.5:1 compression. As a result, you kind of have to work the car to out accelerate a Camry at a stoplight. Whereas the Mach scoots out pretty well, even at light throttle.

Also, didn't care for the T56 at all (noisy, notchy), and being a short bastard, I had to scoot the seat back to get out of the car because the side bolsters were so big.

Terminators are very badass in their own way, but you guys shouldn't think it'll be like driving your Mach with a bunch more power because it's very different.

Steve
Glad I'm not still trying to get rid of the car, but I'll be sure to start a new thread if I do.

I also owned a mach before this car just so you are aware. I'm pretty laid back, but I'd be careful posting stuff like that in other guy's threads. Glad you like your mach.

Last edited by AF24; 05-17-2008 at 03:51 PM.
AF24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 12:52 AM   #30
DanB
1 man Army

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t.../Mach1/sex.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t...Mach1/mach.jpg