2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

View Poll Results: Ask a Police Officer Htread - Good Idea?
Yes, good idea 54 60.67%
No way...scrap it 2 2.25%
let's try it and see how it goes 24 26.97%
What do I care. Where is the Procharger thread? 9 10.11%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-16-2007, 07:15 PM   #1
Briansmach1

Angry Re: Ask A Police Officer

I was woundering. The other day I got a call that my mother had fallen and was took to the Hospatal. The story goes like this. My mother fell getting out of the shower. She is in some artments that base the rent on your income. She is disabled because she has had a stroke. When she fell she called next door for here neighbor to help her. Her neighbor went and got the maintance people to unlock the door and she went in and got the dog and left. YES I SAID GOT THE DOG AND LEFT. I could have wooped her butt. 911 was not called until my sister went over and found her in the bathroom on the floor. My question is this "What is the name of the law in NC that states that you are to help someone in need like this"? I meen all she would have had to do is call 911. They asked her why she did not call 911 and she said she was scared. That is bull. If anything the Maintance department should have asked why she wanted the door unlocked and got a answer and they should have called 911. I want to look up this law and maybe see if anything can be done about this. I know a friend said his wife was in a car wreck and asked someone to help and she said she did not have time. Later that women got a ticket for not helping. Hope someone can help.
Briansmach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 12:11 AM   #2
Newskool Mach
10 second club!

Re: Ask A Police Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by my305pony View Post
Question, If a Mach speeds past you would you pull them over? Warning or a Ticket.
I would definetly pull him over. Ticket? only if he had Cobra emblems on the side, or a complete arse. Otherwise I would ask him a million questions about his Mach and let him go.

03 Torch red auto (gone)
Newskool Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 05:42 AM   #3
Transton

All of my windows in my 03 mach 1 are tinted black, you literally can't in them (or out of them at night). I know every state varies as far as window tinting goes, but my question is: Since I'm military and have Michigan plates (which tinting is illegal in michigan) and i'm stationed in states all over the US then where would I fall into this category? Could I get stopped in different states because of my tint or would I slip into a different category because I have Michigan plates? I've always wondered that.
Transton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 08:07 AM   #4
ASH302
Soldier for Christ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transton View Post
All of my windows in my 03 mach 1 are tinted black, you literally can't in them (or out of them at night). I know every state varies as far as window tinting goes, but my question is: Since I'm military and have Michigan plates (which tinting is illegal in michigan) and i'm stationed in states all over the US then where would I fall into this category? Could I get stopped in different states because of my tint or would I slip into a different category because I have Michigan plates? I've always wondered that.
i'm in the military also, i think "not for sure" but i think its where you tags are from is what you honor. i'm not for sure, but its like for me up in WA if i had TX tags i wouldn't have to get a smog test done for being up in WA, but for on base tags i would if the car is old enough for them to want one done, i think its all were your vech is registared at. i'm not for sure but i'm almost 90% sure on this, hope this helps
2013 RED Dodge Charger R/T Sold Nov 2014
2002 custom Blue 02 Auto Trans AM Sold June 2015
1998 Cobra Black Sold summer 2016

Current
2009 Ford F350 FX4 March 2017 (work truck)
2003 OW 5.0 Mach 1 Aug 2020

ASh
ASH302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 08:55 AM   #5
01TruBluGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transton View Post
Not 100% sure on this so take it for what its worth. You are only going to get pulled over for violating the laws of the jurisdiction you are in. A police officer in Tx is not going to be up to date on the various regulations in Mi. So in your case if tinted windows are not illegal where you are driving chances are you are not going to get pulled over for it as the officers in that jurisdiction are not used to citing people for tint.

The other side of that coin, tinting is illegal in Mi but I drive my La registered vehicle through Mi with tint. If I were pulled over for tint, because it is something Mi police are used to citing for, chances are I will get cited unless the officer is aware or can some how confirm on the spot that window tinting is legal where my car is registered. However if ticketed since my car is registered in La my vehicle only needs to conform to La law so I could go to court and have the ticket dismissed.

In your case tint is illegal where the vehicle is registered, so if you get ticketed for it in another state you have no defense for it.
01TruBluGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 07:36 PM   #6
IMachU
Super Moderator

Wow....this forum took off like a shot (pardon the pun...I had to). 30 minutes and it is in the 2nd page! And I thought this kind of thread would be a flop!

2003 DSG 5 speed IUP Born June 25, 2003
K&N Drop-in Filter, Magnapack Catback, MRT black chrome tips, MRT shifter
277.1 HP (321.4) 296.4 (343.8) TQ SAE (with 16% powertrain loss calculated, before mods), Sirius satellite radio, MGW black on black locking Bullitt fuel door, MGW goodies - sold on 7-19-07
IMachU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 07:36 PM   #7
kopacko

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMachU
Wow....this forum took off like a shot (pardon the pun...I had to). 30 minutes and it is in the 2nd page! And I thought this kind of thread would be a flop!
Right here with you IMU :P

2004 Competition Orange Mach1, 5-Speed
Dyno: 299 RWHP | 322 RWTQ (SAE)

BUILD DATE: 03/16/2004
PURCHASED: 05/20/2004
VIN: 1FAFP42RX4F210686
----------------------------------------
Speed of Sound Gauge Pod w/ VDO Gauges
Steed 3-point Front Strut Tower Brace
Steed Rear Shock Tower Brace (Welded)
UPR Off-Road X-Pipe + Steeda Cat-Back
SCT XCal 2 Tune
3/4" Shaker Extension
2001 Cobra Tail Lights
kopacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 07:36 PM   #8
DTMach1
semi-pro moderator

Do real cops eat normal sized donuts and rent-a-cops eat mini donuts?

2004 Mach 1
IUP/5spd/DSG
Engine, etc done...sits in the garage
DTMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 07:38 PM   #9
kopacko

Nah...we at the coffee shops now

SCT XCal 2 Tune
3/4" Shaker Extension
2001 Cobra Tail Lights
Old 01-30-2006, 07:42 PM   #10
IMachU
Super Moderator

Dale, I have told you a dozen times (again with the puns)......we have graduated from coffee and donuts to Starbucks and croissants back in the 90's. We;ve come a long way, man!

277.1 HP (321.4) 296.4 (343.8) TQ SAE (with 16% powertrain loss calculated, before mods), Sirius satellite radio, MGW black on black locking Bullitt fuel door, MGW goodies - sold on 7-19-07
Old 01-31-2006, 03:10 AM   #11
Mustanger2

Quote:
Dale, I have told you a dozen times (again with the puns)......we have graduated from coffee and donuts to Starbucks and croissants back in the 90's. We;ve come a long way, man!

I dunno! I caught a local gendarme coming out of the donut shop one afternoon with TWO dozen donuts!!! and loved his expression when I said "It's true!... Cops eat donuts!" He said he just KNEW he was gonna get some comment! LOL... he then graciously let me take a pic of him in uniform in the cop car with the box of donuts!! We both had a good laugh... nice guy!
Old 02-03-2006, 01:00 PM   #12
MvCrash
Where is Hooterville?

Quote:

Uhmm....Speak for yourself. I was doing coffee and donuts on the midnight shift in the early eighties........There was no Starbucks I hate Starbucks and love donuts....I had a special chip put in the Computer of the police car I drive that has the location of every Dunkin Donuts on the eastern seaboard.

I like the ones with sprinkles the best.
Adopted 12/18/2004
SOLD 7/17/06

2007 Corvette Convertible
Born 7/17/06
Delivery@NCM 8/24/06
" There are only two things that are infinite, the Universe and Human Stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe." Albert Einstein
" Anyone who has never made a mistake, has never tried anything new"Albert Eintein.
" It is better to have loved and lost, than never have seen lost in space" Kelly Bundy
MvCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 03:01 PM   #13
OSUALUM78
2003 Black Cobra

So here is a few questions for you officers:

1) If I get pulled over for speeding [not that I have yet (*knock, knock, knock*)] how is the proof obatined in court. Usually word of an officer vs. word of person right? Or radar/laser print out showing a vehicle was going over the posted speed limit for a given area. Do all officers have to be able to show a print of of radar/laser showing that there was actual speeding of a vehicle if the person asks for proof that they were speeding when pulled over? I have read that while radars and lasers shoot a beam of whatever at a moving vehicle and it comes back to the radar/laser, and then it computes the officer's current vehicle speed (usually not in motion for most speed traps) and that calculates your speed, they can't actually be verfied that it was you speeding (assuming that you are not the only moving vehicle on the road, say during high traffic situations? I.E. as an officer, doing "speed traps" you can radar/laser a car that was going faster than me or any car that was breaking the speed limit law, and say it was me that was speeding, and I would still lose in court based on the print out, or a cop's word being more compelling than a person's word, even if that person wasn't actually speeding.

2) When can an officer actually give you a ticket? Obviously while on duty. But, for example, I was just coming back from lunch, and an officer (city of Tulsa), in uniform, was in what appeared to be a personal vehicle, i.e. he was off duty, could he still issue me a ticket if he was off duty (even though in uniform) and caught me speeding based on the speedo read out of his vehicle (i.e. I was going 45 mph, he was going 40 mph, the posted limit is 40 mph, and I was passing him)? Would it actually hold up in court since he was off duty and he doesn't have a print out from radar/laser speed gun?

3) What is the law regarding flow of traffic? For example, The flow of traffic (me included) is going a constant 50 mph, when the posted limit is 40 mph. Could an officer ticket me for speeding due to me going over posted limit, but with the flow of traffic?

Did any of that rambling make sense?
Build #2224 of 8394
Born: 08/19/02
Mods: nothing worth noting... right now

Jamie: custom pedal mountain bike built by me
Bettie: 2004 Black Mach 1 (sold but not forgotten)
OSUALUM78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 08:31 PM   #14
New Mach
Team Comp Orange Pres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUALUM78

2) When can an officer actually give you a ticket? Obviously while on duty. But, for example, I was just coming back from lunch, and an officer (city of Tulsa), in uniform, was in what appeared to be a personal vehicle, i.e. he was off duty, could he still issue me a ticket if he was off duty (even though in uniform) and caught me speeding based on the speedo read out of his vehicle (i.e. I was going 45 mph, he was going 40 mph, the posted limit is 40 mph, and I was passing him)? Would it actually hold up in court since he was off duty and he doesn't have a print out from radar/laser speed gun?
If he was in his POV (privately owned vehicle) how did he pull you over? Did he stick his head out of the window and yell "hey-pull-over?" If yes, that would be a bit odd, but I can imagine a situation so heinous that he felt he had to act for the safety of others.

If he used colored lights to pull you over in what appeared to be a POV, than that my friend, was a police car.

Let us know what happend,

Michael

Last edited by New Mach; 02-04-2006 at 01:53 AM.
New Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 08:52 PM   #15
kopacko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vffr1
If he was in his POV (privately owned vehicle) how did he pull you over? Did he stick his head out of the window and yell "hey-pull-over?" If yes, that would be a bit odd, but I can imagine a situation so heinous that he felt he had to act for the safety of others.

If he used colored lights to pull you over in what appeared to be a POV, than that my friend, was a police car.

Let us know,

Michael
By law in the state of Tennessee, law enforcement, are permitted to install lights and sirens in their own personal vehicles. Since officers are 24/7, yes, they can pull you over and detain you.

SCT XCal 2 Tune
3/4" Shaker Extension
2001 Cobra Tail Lights
Old 02-04-2006, 10:34 AM   #16
OSUALUM78
2003 Black Cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vffr1

Let us know what happend,

Michael
Oh, nothing happened. He just rode my bumper giving mean stares at me (this was after the second time I sped by him and realized that was when I he was a po-po in uniform, in what appeared to be a personal car).
Build #2224 of 8394
Born: 08/19/02
Mods: nothing worth noting... right now

Jamie: custom pedal mountain bike built by me
Bettie: 2004 Black Mach 1 (sold but not forgotten)
OSUALUM78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 08:18 AM   #17
JDraper
On Permanant Vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUALUM78
So here is a few questions for you officers:

I'm not actually a police officer (but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night ), but if the officer pulled you over in his personal car, you could fight it on the premise that he did not use a calibrated speed detection/control device, i.e. his speedometer. In PA (and I'm EXTREMELY familiar with MV law here ). Any mechanical or electrical device that is used to track your speed, whether it be radar, his speedometer, etc, must be calibrated and verified in some manner to ensure accurate speeds. If he pulled you over using his speedometer as the measurement device, and his speedometer has not been calibrated, you should be able to win that one in court easily.
18 Ford Explorer XLT
17 Mustang GT/CS Convertible
16 Fusion SE AWD Ecoboost
10 Fusion SE V6
66 289 Mustang Hardtop Restomod
JDraper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 07:44 PM   #18
SickBlackMach
Resident Beavis

Now, how about special treatment?
say you, as a cop, were racing someone... could you just bust your badge out and just get a slap on the wrist? or, are there more serious penalties?
JLT CF CAI, LFP 4lb lower, 100mm R/R Idlers
NGK TR7ix's, 100mm BF Aux idler,
Bassani Mids, X, and AftCat, MGW Shifter, BF IRS Diff Brace (Black)
LFP Dual Pass H/E and LFP IC Res, MM FLSFC
H&R Race springs, Redline hood shocks,
18x9.9/18x11 CCW 505a's
265/35 and 335/30 BFGoodrich KDWII's
SS Cobra inserts, Sirius
I'm sure there's more I have forgotten too!
SickBlackMach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 07:49 PM   #19
kopacko

If you are going over the speed limit a little...and you were a cop...I'd prolly cut you a break. Again though...50% of a ticket is a drivers attitude with me.

If I was racing someone, I would not expect any special treatment.

SCT XCal 2 Tune
3/4" Shaker Extension
2001 Cobra Tail Lights
Old 01-30-2006, 07:52 PM   #20
Mach&Roll
On the aftermarket trail

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopacko
If you are going over the speed limit a little...and you were a cop...I'd prolly cut you a break. Again though...50% of a ticket is a drivers attitude with me.

I quit racing when I got my badge.

I guess I still will hit the throttle in a gear or two. Like you said I don't expect any special treatment though.

2005 Mustang Gt
* 20" wheels
* Flowmaster Axel Back Exhaust
* K&N CAI Intake
* SCT custom tune
* Pypes X-Pipe
* Shaker 1000 audio system

2004 White Mach 1
* Super Forty Flowmaster Mufflers
* Bassani On/Off road X-pipe
* Air Silencer Removed
* K&N Drop in Filter

Mach&Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 07:53 PM   #21
IMachU
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopacko

Exactly! In Calif, a police officer is actually treated a little more harshly, as we are expected to know the laws. If I were caught street racing, which I NEVER do, I would get the car impounded, and probably forfeited. Then after all the legal stuff is over, I'd have to deal with the ramifications of Internal Affairs....it seems street racing is "Conduct unbecoming of an officer" and will bring a bad light to my department. So, I get special treatment alright. I have it twice as bad!

Old 01-30-2006, 07:51 PM   #22
Mach&Roll
On the aftermarket trail

Hey like I have said I will help when I can. Oh and some of the cities here in utah have the new mustangs as police cars. I pulled up next to one in uniform and he just waved. They look cool all blue with light on top. Now I just want to see one of those nab a vette and get a picture.

2005 Mustang Gt
* 20" wheels
* K&N CAI Intake
* SCT custom tune
* Pypes X-Pipe

2004 White Mach 1
* Air Silencer Removed
* K&N Drop in Filter

Old 01-30-2006, 07:52 PM   #23
kopacko

Sweet...get us a picture with or without the vette

SCT XCal 2 Tune
3/4" Shaker Extension
2001 Cobra Tail Lights
Old 01-30-2006, 07:58 PM   #24
Mach&Roll
On the aftermarket trail

this is one of there cars. I think they have V8's as well. I just saw one nab a riced out honda. The dude was doing 85 in a 55 constructions zone. Some people don't learn don't speed in construction zones. Fine double for speeding. Sorry the only picture I can find is a JPG

2005 Mustang Gt
* 20" wheels
* K&N CAI Intake
* SCT custom tune
* Pypes X-Pipe

2004 White Mach 1
* Air Silencer Removed
* K&N Drop in Filter

Old 01-30-2006, 07:59 PM   #25
Mach&Roll
On the aftermarket trail

Hey kopako is there any jobs over there avaliable?

2005 Mustang Gt
* 20" wheels
* K&N CAI Intake
* SCT custom tune
* Pypes X-Pipe

2004 White Mach 1
* Air Silencer Removed
* K&N Drop in Filter