2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Power Adders

Power Adders Superchargers, Turbos, Nitrous, etc...

Old 11-13-2011, 01:41 PM   #1
66gam

chip

does anybody have this on there car? http://www.americanmuscle.com/sct-4b...om-9904se.html
66gam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 01:48 PM   #2
Explosive

Re: chip

Nope. I'd say get the handheld I like mine.
Explosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:50 AM   #3
vertigyn
Azure Blue Mach

What are the types of tunes you would want for the car? These always sound cool...but usually aren't that practical.

The minor differences between tunes usually aren't worth switching back and forth. When I had my car tuned, I thought I wanted a "Race" tune and a "Gas mileage" tune. My tuner explained some of the differences to me and we came to the conclusion that they were so minor that I would probably never want to take the time to switch between tunes. He was right...I've never had the desire to take my car off the performance tune.

Also, you need to consider what your tuner will be using - if he's not familiar with something like this, then he won't be able to utilize it for you. Some tuners do Diablo, some SCT, and some direct to the ECU. So make sure you get something your tuner knows how to use.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:50 PM   #4
blown03Mach1
8LB YNER

This includes lifetime Bama tuning. The problem I see here is that you would have to tell them what your car has, they write you a tune, send it to you, and you load it into the chip. You would want to datalog your car and send that info back to Bama so they could fine tune what they sent you and keep that process running until you are happy with the tune.

TR 2003 (Jezebel) sold Mar 12...
blown03Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 01:16 PM   #5
whats next

Quote:
Originally Posted by blown03Mach1 View Post
This includes lifetime Bama tuning. The problem I see here is that you would have to tell them what your car has, they write you a tune, send it to you, and you load it into the chip. You would want to datalog your car and send that info back to Bama so they could fine tune what they sent you and keep that process running until you are happy with the tune.
does he have a way to burn the chip? if not there is no way he will be able to put the tune on the chip and i believe you must disable pin 13 if you want to datalog with a chip
Old 11-14-2011, 01:47 PM   #6
blown03Mach1
8LB YNER

Quote:
Originally Posted by whats next View Post
does he have a way to burn the chip? if not there is no way he will be able to put the tune on the chip and i believe you must disable pin 13 if you want to datalog with a chip

I do not have this setup, but I assumed it was done through the SCT hand held. If not, then you would have to mail the chip to Bama tuning.

TR 2003 (Jezebel) sold Mar 12...
blown03Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 06:36 PM   #7
94-95-04stangs

i have this chip on my 2004 mach. i like it because you can switch on the fly like it says. and believe me on mine there is a big difference from the gas milage tune and the race tune. it also has a good race tune too my car is a good noticeable difference in the power as well. i dont know if you still can or not but you used to be able to get a coin holder/cigarette lighter adapter switch as well. i have mine in the cigarette lighter thats inside the center glovebox so its hidden and no one can "accidentally" hit it. if you order this one then be sure for your 3 tunes it comes with you put in all 3 for 91+ octane gas.
94-95-04stangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 06:37 PM   #8
94-95-04stangs

and yes you have to mail it to bama for them to re tune it
94-95-04stangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 06:45 PM   #9
Explosive

I like the handheld as I said, you can plug the tuner to car and computer to the tuner, then datalog and send that info to bamatunes for tweaking and they'll just mail you the new tune to put onto your device.
Explosive is offline   Reply With Quote