2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

Old 05-08-2009, 09:14 AM   #1
Tarball
Learning slowly....

FRPP now sells a shaker system for GT's

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...?q=M-16612-SHK

How long till you think there will be official Mach1/BOSS packages out?
Old 05-08-2009, 09:32 AM   #2
GRB60

Re: FRPP now sells a shaker system for GT's

Do you cut the stock hood or buy another?
Old 05-08-2009, 09:40 AM   #3
Tarball
Learning slowly....

Cut.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:07 PM   #4
Machy uno

I say that this morning as well. Nice to see you can buy it directly from ford. I wonder how many dealers out there will modify your car for you if you were to buy it...?

Gone but NOT FORGOTTEN
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/330262
Machy uno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 02:03 PM   #5
Brown7

its still no

v6ers and 05+ers
Old 05-08-2009, 02:18 PM   #6
rich1
AUTOMACHTIC

That is the same CDC kit anyone could buy for years !
UPGRADES...Tokico Illuminas Borla SS Catback , Steeda Underdrives , Strut Brace , HPM Lower K Brace , L /C Arms , U /C Arms , HPM PanHard Bar, K&N FRPK 2, GOODYEAR GT1 , MRT- H-Pipe , JLT VaporTraps , SLP-12'" Tips! , FRPP Shorty 1 5/8 Headers , Brembo D/S & PBR D/S Rotors ,FRPP Alum.DS ,Roys 3/8 Spacer , SVT Focus 255 pump SCTsw Chip PRO-DYNOjet NA 300.01hp /315tq (Auto) ,Innovate W/B ,Compucar Wet Kit (90jet) + Heater and E Gauge * 360 hp/385tq 12.5 -1/4 @112
rich1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 02:22 PM   #7
Murder Snake

new mach will be next.
formerly, Frankenstang

Two defining forces died for you. Jesus Christ died for your soul. The American Soldier died for your freedom. Think about it.
"....be the lightning in me that strikes relentless."
"It's a lot easier to pacify a country when it's citizens can't shoot back" Gray Anderson, Mayor, "Jericho"
Murder Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 04:28 PM   #8
Machme1
Bring back the 5.0

There are three guys in my city that claim to have s197 Mach 1's ! Their liscence plates read..... 05 Mach, 006 Mach, and 007 Mach ! Of the three only one actually has a shaker! Its a good look but dont be a liar!
I have a couple stories behind theses posers!
I was at a local cruise in a few weeks back...
A 2005 GT pulls up wearing a complete Ronaele body kit with snakes on the fenders! Its a good looking white with redfire striped car! I was standing next to one of said posers... he says and I quote " I can't believe why that guy would pretend to have a Cobra! " It took all of me not to lash out to the guy! How could he be such a judge of the guy with the better looking car?? The Cobra Emblems actually are a compliment to the kit! He wasnt pretending to be a Cobra, he just put on the emblems that tend to go with looking like ELEANOR!
Meanwhile this guy is standing next to his 2006 Sonic Blue GT! His liscense plate claims that he has a MACH 1 ! First... they never made Mach 1s in 2006, second... they never made Mach 1s in sonic blue... third Mach 1s dont were GT on the fenders, and fourth this isnt even the guy with the shaker!
The nerve some nitwits have!
I have another story about these three...
Just last week I put the Mach in the local Mustang Club car show! It was a well put on show which invites other brands to attend under different classes!
I was walking through with my buddy wh has a ZY 03 Cobra! We were standing next to his car and a '67 GT that ended up winning best of show! Some other guys come ask us if we had cars in the show! We kindly replied a yes and told them what we had!
When I told them I had the Orange Mach 1, the guys eyes lit up, and said "I love those cars!" He then Said "I really like the newer body style Machs more! " I said to him " I have the newest Mach, Ford has ever offered, its an 04! "
He said " No, no! The new ones like 06s and 09s! That body style." I tried not to be rude to the guy by saying " there is no such thing." He zipped back " oh yes there is there are three in this very Car show!" He said" I just talked to one of their owners. His liscence plate reads 007 Mach!"
I just shook my head and said to him " That guy lied to you! Ford hasn't made a mach 1 since 2004! His liscence plate is misleading! Just look at his fenders, they read GT! Put it next to a GT and tell me the difference! You cant because its a GT! "
The guy who owned the car should be smacked! FN Posers! Its one thing to make a clone which would require him having a new edge stang tostart with! Or making a concept vehicle that Ford should have put out!, But its just rediculous to just flat out lie!
Machme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 04:38 PM   #9
Machme1
Bring back the 5.0

I do still think that a shaker is sexy! Tends to look kinda small on the 2010 and s197 though!
Machme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 08:48 PM   #10
Charles236

I agree that the shaker looks too small on an '05 - '09 Mustang. The stock hood looks featureless, and the shaker being so small makes it look sort of like a wart. Now on the 2010 Mustang GT bulge hood, the shaker might look a little more like it belongs, similar to how our Mach shaker hoods have a bulge that the shaker goes through.
Charles236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 09:04 PM   #11
KEVINC66

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich1 View Post
That is the same CDC kit anyone could buy for years !

Yea I bought a kit for my 00GTVERT when it was a 2v,did'nt feel right and swapped out for a real engine and shaker system,could'nt be happier.................................Kevin.
2000 GT vert,03 Mach1 engine,auto, shaker hood,Mach1 brakes,C&L CAI,K&N,Tokico D Spec,UPR Coilover K frame with Steeda front sway bar,rear upper and lower control arms,4.30's,FRPP aluminum DS,17x9 deep dish chrome Mach1 rims with 275x40x17 Fuzion Z1's,Mac Catbac with 3 1/2 chrome tips,honeycomb rear panel,front Mach1 chin spoiler,Mach1 grill delete kit,polished aluminum gas cap.
KEVINC66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 09:40 PM   #12
White04Mach
Stab n' Steer!

I seen it at the 2009 Detroit Auto Show. One of the 2010's had it installed and on display. My dad pointed at it and looked at me with a grin and I just shook my head.....I said "still ain't a Mach"
Ford C springs, MM Adjustable lower control arms, DD Mach rims, Honeycomb panel, sequential turn signals, modded Bullitt skirts, wingless decklid, Cobra mirrors, Flowmaster 40's, Fiore quadrant and firewall adjuster, 4.10's, Shelby diff cover, MGW shifter, Raptor shift light.
White04Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 08:23 AM   #13
03mach1
Admin/Founder

That;s CDC shaker system in co-op with Ford.
http://www.classicdesignconcepts.com...t_detail&p=133

http://www.classicdesignconcepts.com...t_images&p=133

YES, you do cut your hood, they were installing them on a 2010 at the 45th.
Founder/Admin Member #0001
http://www.Mach1Registry.com
http://www.Mach1Performance.org
Amsoil T-1 Certified Independant Dealer
Member, MCA
'03 Mach 1, '08 V6 WIP, 76 Cobra II
VIN#301788
03mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:25 AM   #14
DTMach1
semi-pro moderator

they need a small hood cowl or something to make those look good. IMHO the 05 hood is way to flat!

2004 Mach 1
IUP/5spd/DSG
Engine, etc done...sits in the garage
DTMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:20 AM   #15
TorchMach1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machme1 View Post
There are three guys in my city that claim to have s197 Mach 1's ! Their liscence plates read..... 05 Mach, 006 Mach, and 007 Mach ! Of the three only one actually has a shaker! Its a good look but dont be a liar!
I have a couple stories behind theses posers!
I was at a local cruise in a few weeks back...
A 2005 GT pulls up wearing a complete Ronaele body kit with snakes on the fenders! Its a good looking white with redfire striped car! I was standing next to one of said posers... he says and I quote " I can't believe why that guy would pretend to have a Cobra! " It took all of me not to lash out to the guy! How could he be such a judge of the guy with the better looking car?? The Cobra Emblems actually are a compliment to the kit! He wasnt pretending to be a Cobra, he just put on the emblems that tend to go with looking like ELEANOR!
Meanwhile this guy is standing next to his 2006 Sonic Blue GT! His liscense plate claims that he has a MACH 1 ! First... they never made Mach 1s in 2006, second... they never made Mach 1s in sonic blue... third Mach 1s dont were GT on the fenders, and fourth this isnt even the guy with the shaker!
The nerve some nitwits have!
I have another story about these three...
Just last week I put the Mach in the local Mustang Club car show! It was a well put on show which invites other brands to attend under different classes!
I was walking through with my buddy wh has a ZY 03 Cobra! We were standing next to his car and a '67 GT that ended up winning best of show! Some other guys come ask us if we had cars in the show! We kindly replied a yes and told them what we had!
When I told them I had the Orange Mach 1, the guys eyes lit up, and said "I love those cars!" He then Said "I really like the newer body style Machs more! " I said to him " I have the newest Mach, Ford has ever offered, its an 04! "
He said " No, no! The new ones like 06s and 09s! That body style." I tried not to be rude to the guy by saying " there is no such thing." He zipped back " oh yes there is there are three in this very Car show!" He said" I just talked to one of their owners. His liscence plate reads 007 Mach!"
I just shook my head and said to him " That guy lied to you! Ford hasn't made a mach 1 since 2004! His liscence plate is misleading! Just look at his fenders, they read GT! Put it next to a GT and tell me the difference! You cant because its a GT! "
The guy who owned the car should be smacked! FN Posers! Its one thing to make a clone which would require him having a new edge stang tostart with! Or making a concept vehicle that Ford should have put out!, But its just rediculous to just flat out lie!
!!!!!
TorchMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 03:48 PM   #16
Tony Alonso
Mustang Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTMach1 View Post
they need a small hood cowl or something to make those look good. IMHO the 05 hood is way to flat!
Take a look at the 2010 hood.
VIN 388409, Built ??/??/????
Delivered 7/12/2019 w/122,696 miles
Tony Alonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 03:51 PM   #17
Tony Alonso
Mustang Enthusiast

At this point, I would be surprised to shaker-scooped car from Ford since the aftermarket parts have been out there for awhile. I could be wrong, of course, however, I suspect a lot engineering $$ at this point have gone toward the rumored 5.0 engine.
VIN 388409, Built ??/??/????
Delivered 7/12/2019 w/122,696 miles
Tony Alonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 05:05 PM   #18
Machme1
Bring back the 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Alonso View Post
At this point, I would be surprised to shaker-scooped car from Ford since the aftermarket parts have been out there for awhile. I could be wrong, of course, however, I suspect a lot engineering $$ at this point have gone toward the rumored 5.0 engine.
that 5.0 better not be a rumor! Ford will still be lacking in cubes compared to the gm and mopar crowd~! but it should be more hp per ci which would be nice
Old 05-10-2009, 02:53 PM   #19
Tarball
Learning slowly....

the 5.0 in the works has Quad VCT On it. I hope they get that system working properly VCT can make for an AWESOME powerband.

Can you imagine a v8 that stays in its power powerband from 2k-7k, while keeping TQ from low end and bringing it up top with you as you gain RPM's? With JUST a good SCT tune?

For those that don't know what VCT is, picture cam gears that adjust every 50rpm so you are constantly putting out the most TQ and HP out for that RPM, not just peak numbers, maximizing your peak numbers at every RPM. Then also giving you great MPG while daily driving.
Old 05-15-2009, 05:55 PM   #20
Machme1
Bring back the 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarball View Post
the 5.0 in the works has Quad VCT On it. I hope they get that system working properly VCT can make for an AWESOME powerband.

Can you imagine a v8 that stays in its power powerband from 2k-7k, while keeping TQ from low end and bringing it up top with you as you gain RPM's? With JUST a good SCT tune?

For those that don't know what VCT is, picture cam gears that adjust every 50rpm so you are constantly putting out the most TQ and HP out for that RPM, not just peak numbers, maximizing your peak numbers at every RPM. Then also giving you great MPG while daily driving.
Oh God ( and Ford) please let this happen!
I can see my hard earned money flying into that Musclecar Right Now!!!!!!!