2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

Old 07-09-2008, 04:39 PM   #1
IMACHU04
NOBODY POOPS ON MY MACH

Maybe This Story Will Give Yall Somethin 2 Do

aight guys lemme give ya a lil sum sum to read n give me ur opinions or feedback

ok on Jan. 7th 2007 i had a MASSIVE car accident n managed to survive by what my doctors n surgeons say is nothing short of a miracle.

to sum it up i hit a concrete off ramp wall almost head on at over 100mph and did over $55,000 worth of damage to my 2006 Lincoln LS sport (v8)..... needless to say it was TOTALLED........

from that it took personel over 2 hours to pull me from the car where i sat in shorts (jan 7th in my area its ****IN COLD)....the impact tore the aortic artery from my heart n because of the temperatutre it froze blood around my heart saving me from bleeding to death... from there i was life flighted to Hammot Medical Center in Erie Pa. where they went over some films n doctor info n decided there was nothin they could do for me cause of my injuries n opted to life flight me to UPMC Presbiteryian in Pittsburgh Pa. When i arrived there a Dr. Thomas Gleason did my heart surgery to repair a nothing shy of obliterated heart. By a miracle (birth defect) my heart had another unused semi-artery which Dr. Gleason noticed n decided to use (kinda like havin spare parts for a car lol) to which he graphed on n repaired my torn artery.

after 21 hours of surgery dr. gleason left it pretty much in gods hands cuz it was all he could do.

along with that i crushed my skull had severe brain trama, broken 3 ribs, collapsed 1 lung (they had to collapse the other for my heart surgery), fractured 4 lumbar discs and 3 discs in my neck, broken right hip....that might be everything im sure im missing some. BUT NO arm leg wrist finger ankel or toe fractures.......lucky i guess in that aspect.

from UPMC Presbiteryan ICU i was transported to UPMC southside rehab where doctors nurses friends and family still fearing the worst watched me lay in acoma for another little over a month. after comin out of my coma i only had slight movement on my left side (im right handed) n had no feeling or movement ability from the waist down. from there i started a grouling rehabilitation act to beat the odds n be back on my feet ASAP and kept telling myself everyday and night I WILL WALK AGAIN. slowly but surely the sense of touch and movement came back to my legs and feet. doctors nurses friends and family again didnt expect me to be up and movin at all let alone how fast i did it. On march 28th 2007 i was released from UPMC southside rehab to go home with a little stronger ability of my left side, very well diminished strength and mobility on my right side, and now the ability to use a walker (at a very slow pace)

at home i started doin homebased therapy n my own exercise routine still with major devotion to be back on my feet without a walking aid (cane, walker... etc)...... on april 16th 2007 i took my first steps without a walkin aid of any kind suprising my mother n girlfriend. then on june 23rd 2007 witnessed my son Dominic William Coatsworth being born. with the simple aid of a walker for the fact of being on my feet for such a long time.

now here were are july 9th 2008 n im all booked up to go back to UPMC to have my right hip operated on tomorrow after a long 18 month wait to remove calcium build up on my hip joint which has taken away greatly my ability to use/move my right leg. after my surgery im headed back to southside rehab to again beat all ods n be back on my feet asap.......

lemme be one to tell all 99% on what doctors tell you is false its will and determination to heal n be back that makes the difference..... my therapists, doctors, friends, and family all told me if not for me being as hard-headed and devoted to living my life me way i would have never made any of this happen. people you can do whatever you put ur mind to N LET NOBODY tell you otherwise

i just hope that the time that im not home my son dominic doesn't decide to start walkin while im not around to witness it lol........

anyways guys/gals........ if ya got anythin 2 say go for it, ill log in back down at Southside rehab to see whats goin on......

oh yeah everyone BUCKEL THE HELL UP it saved my life n be safe......... happy end of summer to all n ill catch yall on the flip side
2003 SVT Cobra 10th Anniversary, Black, MagnaFlow Cat-back, BBK CAI 391.6 RWHP / 389.6 RWTQ ET 12.57 @ 112.77 mph SOLD
2004 Mach 1 Comp. Orange, 5spd, IUP, Full SLP exhaust, Vortech FED462 rwhp / 417 rwtq SOLD
IMACHU04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 04:59 PM   #2
CBrowning84
wears sunglasses at night

Re: Maybe This Story Will Give Yall Somethin 2 Do

WOW dude.. that was the best thing i've.. maybe ever heard. And I agree, you can do almost ANYTHING with will and determination. Except maybe.. fly or see through clothes. As much as I try. lol!

Sounds like you had a little help from God too...

Glad you are doing well, you will be fine!! Good luck to you and God speed.
- BFG KDW2 (265/35/18, 295/35/18)
- Saleen Rear Wing
- Densecharger Cold-air Intake
- Bassani X-Pipe w/ high-flow cats, Magnaflow Catback w/ Flowmaster Mufflers
- 2.93 Pulley
- 470/534 rwhp/tq
CBrowning84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 05:09 PM   #3
ponygt65

WOW....I was just thinking about you the other day after a post looking for another mach. I was wondering what happened. VERY happy to hear that you beat odds and came back.

Congrats on the birth of your son. And I must say, he shares my mom's birthdate.

ANd I agree.....the mind is a VERY powerful thing. It all comes down to how and if you choose to use it.

Previous stangs:
2003 Mineral Grey Cobra Vert
1965 Factory GT K Code Coupe - mostly original and numbers matching. 14.9 (best) GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!!
2003 MACh 1 AB - MINE!..SLP LM1s, PHP Spacer, and a CAI, that wont' stop whistling.
2004 MACh 1 DSG - PHP spacer, BOrla Stingers, K and N CAI, Tune, X-pipe, 1" 1-piece raised shaker...yadda yadda.
ponygt65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 05:32 PM   #4
SeadudeRXP
Gear Head

OMG I can't believe that. Thats an amazing story. You should call Spielberg for a movie deal. Haha. And I thought that my accident was bad. I rolled my old Ford Escape 3 times across the highway and totaled it but my injuries were minor at best.

Hands down to you man.

Good luck with the rehab. You are an inspiration to all of us.

Tampa Stock
SeadudeRXP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 07:03 PM   #5
ylopony

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMACHU04 View Post
oh yeah everyone BUCKEL THE HELL UP it saved my life n be safe......... happy end of summer to all n ill catch yall on the flip side

Wow, that was a heck of a story. I'm glad to hear that you are a miracle and still here. I'd take that buckle up and take it one further. Tell others to slow down, they may not be as blessed as you were.
ylopony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 07:11 PM   #6
b3warnick

100 mph? Did the throttle stick or did you pass out or have some sort of an atack prior to impact??

Nice to be that close to the 'burgh and UPMC ... not a lot of other facilities could've done what they did.

Glad you are back with us! Keep us updated and congrats on your son!
b3warnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:20 PM   #7
Linumup

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMACHU04 View Post
aight guys lemme give ya a lil sum sum to read n give me ur opinions or feedback

ok on Jan. 7th 2007 i had a MASSIVE car accident n managed to survive by what my doctors n surgeons say is nothing short of a miracle.

to sum it up i hit a concrete off ramp wall almost head on at over 100mph and did over $55,000 worth of damage to my 2006 Lincoln LS sport (v8)..... needless to say it was TOTALLED........

from that it took personel over 2 hours to pull me from the car where i sat in shorts (jan 7th in my area its ****IN COLD)....the impact tore the aortic artery from my heart n because of the temperatutre it froze blood around my heart saving me from bleeding to death... from there i was life flighted to Hammot Medical Center in Erie Pa. where they went over some films n doctor info n decided there was nothin they could do for me cause of my injuries n opted to life flight me to UPMC Presbiteryian in Pittsburgh Pa. When i arrived there a Dr. Thomas Gleason did my heart surgery to repair a nothing shy of obliterated heart. By a miracle (birth defect) my heart had another unused semi-artery which Dr. Gleason noticed n decided to use (kinda like havin spare parts for a car lol) to which he graphed on n repaired my torn artery.

after 21 hours of surgery dr. gleason left it pretty much in gods hands cuz it was all he could do.

along with that i crushed my skull had severe brain trama, broken 3 ribs, collapsed 1 lung (they had to collapse the other for my heart surgery), fractured 4 lumbar discs and 3 discs in my neck, broken right hip....that might be everything im sure im missing some. BUT NO arm leg wrist finger ankel or toe fractures.......lucky i guess in that aspect.

from UPMC Presbiteryan ICU i was transported to UPMC southside rehab where doctors nurses friends and family still fearing the worst watched me lay in acoma for another little over a month. after comin out of my coma i only had slight movement on my left side (im right handed) n had no feeling or movement ability from the waist down. from there i started a grouling rehabilitation act to beat the odds n be back on my feet ASAP and kept telling myself everyday and night I WILL WALK AGAIN. slowly but surely the sense of touch and movement came back to my legs and feet. doctors nurses friends and family again didnt expect me to be up and movin at all let alone how fast i did it. On march 28th 2007 i was released from UPMC southside rehab to go home with a little stronger ability of my left side, very well diminished strength and mobility on my right side, and now the ability to use a walker (at a very slow pace)

at home i started doin homebased therapy n my own exercise routine still with major devotion to be back on my feet without a walking aid (cane, walker... etc)...... on april 16th 2007 i took my first steps without a walkin aid of any kind suprising my mother n girlfriend. then on june 23rd 2007 witnessed my son Dominic William Coatsworth being born. with the simple aid of a walker for the fact of being on my feet for such a long time.

now here were are july 9th 2008 n im all booked up to go back to UPMC to have my right hip operated on tomorrow after a long 18 month wait to remove calcium build up on my hip joint which has taken away greatly my ability to use/move my right leg. after my surgery im headed back to southside rehab to again beat all ods n be back on my feet asap.......

lemme be one to tell all 99% on what doctors tell you is false its will and determination to heal n be back that makes the difference..... my therapists, doctors, friends, and family all told me if not for me being as hard-headed and devoted to living my life me way i would have never made any of this happen. people you can do whatever you put ur mind to N LET NOBODY tell you otherwise

i just hope that the time that im not home my son dominic doesn't decide to start walkin while im not around to witness it lol........

anyways guys/gals........ if ya got anythin 2 say go for it, ill log in back down at Southside rehab to see whats goin on......

Now i know two people with an aortic tear . Which valve did you get ?
Did it tear prior to the accident or a direct result of ?
My bus. partner was on a piece of heavy equipment when it happened to him . Passed out and pissed himself actually . His walking has comeback as well with plenty of therapy . He has good days and bad . The numbness he complains about . Walks with a limp on his right side .

Hes already started selling all his toys . Motorcycle , ATV , Jet Ski , cant get on or off the things . Now between all the meds , lightheadedness , dizzy spells , and the large pounding noise of the valve .

Lets just say hes not happy . Hes only 42 !! I wont tell you what or how he really feels but i dont approve nor will i repeat it .

God Bless it was meant to be !! Good Luck !!!
HP Custom Cams
ATI Racing TH400 Cheetah SCS Air Assisted Shifter
Strange 31 spline axles w/3:55
F1R Procharger w/Cog Set-up
Magnafuel 750 -10AN Feed -8AN Return
200 Direct Wet w/MSD window switch & controller
Big Stuff 3 w/Gen. 3 Pro EFI system
Kooks 1.78 LTS 3" Custom Exhaust
Tuning by DGR Racing

DYNO KING
Linumup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:46 PM   #8
MCHNROL
original owner

Well that was.....moving to say the very least. I'm glad you are still living and fighting the good fight. I was in a headon collision with a drunk driver 25 years ago and by the grace of God am still alive. Keep striving to rehabilitate. That work you do now, no matter how painful, will benefit your life. Congrats on your son and enjoy both miracles always.
Built 5/23 Bought 10/9/03 AFS:17x9&10.5rims, MRT:PRO-M MAF, Street Smart CAI, MagnaFlowH&catbackw/Mach tips, Hood struts, FRPP:REM 4.10 w/31-sp Mosers, Alum flywheel&driveshaft, PHP:spacer, Steeda:Tri-ax, UCA,strut towerbrace, HPM:Megabitejr.LCA,subframes, T/A:Girdle, Raptor:shiftlite, SLP:linelock, UPR:Quad&Adj NGK TR55IX CDC:floormats, honeycombtail&sequentials, gaugerings, Grippermat, ShakrAirDiverter, Bullittfueldoor, SilverStripes, BuildIDplates, Tint@35%, cats 298rwhp/318tq FUN!
MCHNROL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:49 PM   #9
Lonestar7

Cool Re: Maybe This Story Will Give Yall Somethin 2 Do

Beat of luck to you and keep up the good work to get yourself healed.

LS
Lonestar7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 10:37 PM   #10
G
Undocumented Member

God Bless, you were lucky to survive.

What was the reason for doing 100+ mph??????
1933 Ford 3W Coupe (4.6 dohc Stack Injection)
2003 Cobra TR (sold)
2014 Mustang GT (Track Pack) in Black
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 05:10 AM   #11
muzman
Mach 1 enthusiast

The human and divine spirit are one and those that choose to call upon divine help will receive it, you are blessed with a stong spirit and self belief, remember Henry Ford said " if you believe you can do something, or you believe you cannot do something, you are right" What matters is what you belive, so be careful what you wish for, it may well happen.

Be healthy and happy friend and enjoy that new son of yours for many many years to come.

Viualise a full recovery and keep that picture in your mind, the rest will take care of itself.

God bless.
PS: Ask for divine protection everytime you buckle up in a car, its free and it works. (oh and slow down, there are others out on the roads as well!)
1969 351w 4v Mach 1, Red, 4 speed toploader
SOLD Feb 2007

2000GT Red , Auto Right Hand Drive sold 2004.
muzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:35 AM   #12
matab14
pop up and do less....

Read this on Corral and SVTP.....Def an amazing story if it is all true.....good luck with your recovery....

2006 F150 SUPERCREW XLT 4X4
2.5" Lift
18x9 Moto Metal 951 Wheels
325/60/18 Nitto Grappelers

**SOLD**

2004 Comepition Orange
5 Speed w/ IUP
DOB: JAN 23 2004
matab14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 12:31 PM   #13
Sean88gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by b3warnick View Post
100 mph? Did the throttle stick or did you pass out or have some sort of an atack prior to impact??

Nice to be that close to the 'burgh and UPMC ... not a lot of other facilities could've done what they did.

Glad you are back with us! Keep us updated and congrats on your son!
You've never done over 100?