2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Technical Q&A. HOW TO's, TSB's & Warranty Items

Technical Q&A. HOW TO's, TSB's & Warranty Items Have a Problem? Technical Questions & Answers. HOW TO's & TSB's, Warranty Issues

Old 05-20-2009, 10:27 PM   #1
LXS

SCT Xcal tire rpm question...

Ok, so I was talking to a good friend of mine the other day and he was telling me that I should change the tire rpm ratio on my Mach due to my non stock rear rim/tire set up (15x8 Welds Drag lites wrapped in 275/50/15s BF Drag radials). So after inputing my info on a tire rpm calculator, I got 781rpms. Well, this morning, I plug in my Xcal, set it at 780rpms, left everything else as is, and uploaded it. After the Xcal did what it had to do, I unplugged it, turned the car on and it revved to approximately 1500rpms and stayed up there for a few seconds. It then finally dropped down to about 1100-1200rpms and stayed idling there. I revved it up and the rpms stayed hanging for quite a while, then eventually dropped back down to the 1100-1200rpm mark. And for whatever reasons, the "O/D Off" light was blinking (Mach is stick)!? What's up with that? Is it because my Xcal is a 9400 model and NOT a 9415 SF? Or is there something else going on that I'm not aware of? TIA!

Edit: I bought my Mach used, and the previous owner told me that it had a Preditor tune on it, but it had been reset to stock before selling it.

K&N RAI
Magnaflow O/R X-pipe
Mac catback
t45 swap (BEST decision of my life!!!)
Don't fear the gear!

I'm not a real mechanic, I just play one online...
LXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:51 AM   #2
Tarball
Learning slowly....

Re: SCT Xcal tire rpm question...

did your flasher do anything else other then change the tire RPM, what are the mods? does the car act right when you return it to stock with the xcal?
Old 05-27-2009, 12:30 AM   #3
LXS

To the best of my knowledge, the tuner didn't do anything else! As for my mods, all I've got is a K&N RAI, magnaflow catted X pipe, Mac catback, air diverter, oil seperator, and an oil breather in the pass' side valve cover to intake vacuum line. That's pretty much it! As for the ride after returning it to stock, it drives perfectly fine! No problems whatsoever!

K&N RAI
Magnaflow O/R X-pipe
Mac catback
Don't fear the gear!

Old 05-27-2009, 02:30 AM   #4
LXS

I guess? I bought it from Mark, aka Rich1 if that helps?

K&N RAI
Magnaflow O/R X-pipe
Mac catback
Don't fear the gear!