2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Technical Q&A. HOW TO's, TSB's & Warranty Items

Technical Q&A. HOW TO's, TSB's & Warranty Items Have a Problem? Technical Questions & Answers. HOW TO's & TSB's, Warranty Issues

Old 07-14-2005, 06:29 PM   #1
justin2050

Transmission TSB b.s. from dealer

I took my car in to the local ford dealer 3 weeks ago for a number of things to be fixed including several tsbs....shaker rattle, my brake lights came on and wouldnt go off, and ive always had the 1-2 shifting problem and hard time getting it in first and reverse .....well when it started popping out of second I finally took it in for the 4th time for that particular problem.... a few days ago they said they were finally able to duplicate the problem and they were going to put in a new transmission then I call back the next day and they give me some crap about it being the clutch and they want 800 bucks.....the car has less than 30,000 miles on it and has had this problem since before even 12k miles....they basically said your s.o.l. and told me to call the "customer relationship center" which said they were supporting the dealerships decision. I mean Ive always had a stickshift ever since ive been driving I dont ride the clutch and this is ridiculous im not sure what to do next as the general mgr of the dealership pretty much had the same attitude....its not my fault they cant duplicate the problem that doesnt mean there isnt one though..
justin2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 07:09 PM   #2
Blue Baron NC
KEEP ON A MACHIN ME BABY

Re: Transmission TSB b.s. from dealer

Dude, please take your car to another dealer. Even if you have to drive a bit. I promise some are like night and day! My car is in now for service with 33,000+. The dealer I where I brought the car was crap! Honest. Try a different Ford dealership. Just go to them and don't bad mouth your old dealer. Tell them you heard that they do wonderful service...and the next time you buy...If they don't work try another. Also call your old dealer on calling Ford customer service. Call but, be cool. Be polite and honest. The number I have for Ford custmer service is 1-800-392-3673. Good luck and keep the faith. Everything will work out!
Old 07-14-2005, 07:11 PM   #3
justin2050

I have been to 3 different ones already and i did call customer service.....
justin2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 07:13 PM   #4
Blue Baron NC
KEEP ON A MACHIN ME BABY

Sorry! I feel your pain! Which I could have helped!
Old 07-19-2005, 08:34 AM   #5
IrishMach
Tiocfaidh ár lá

so let me get this straight.....TSB or not if the dealer can't duplicate the problem they will NOT fix it? I wanted to bring mine in for the 1-2 grind but it only happens when the car is really cold. Ie: not driving it for a few days.
IrishMach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 09:07 AM   #6
GRB60

The existence of the TSB does not mean that they will fix all cars regardless of whether they exhibit the problem. The TSB is a service advisory that tells the dealers the recommended way of repairing a given problem, if a car has that problem. Not everybody has trans problems. Mine is kinda like yours and I won't ask them to fix it. The issue is a minor annoyance during the colder months only. I just baby the 1-2 shift or skip 2nd altogether and go for 3rd. After a couple miles it's fine.
Old 07-19-2005, 09:35 AM   #7
Z1RCODE

Guys, there are two key circumstances that must occur for action on this TSB. 1. Exibit the symptoms. 2. Find a dealer/service tech that knows his stuff and will step up to the plate. I took mine in for the 1-2 raspy shift along with a copy of the TSB. The tech drove the car (cold situation) and confirmed the problem. After reading the TSB he said "That's too much labor to go through for a questionable result". He stated that he, as the technician, had the disposition authority and therefor decided to order a "New" transmission.

He also installed a new clutch disk, pressure plate and throwout bearing while he was at it. I was lucky to find a mustang guy that just happend to be the transmission tech as well at this dealer. What a difference, it shifts great. That's the whole point - it is a fixable situation that should be honored under warranty. Be persistant stick to your guns and get it fixed. You paid a lot of money for a new car it should not drive like an old junker.

Good luck and let us know how you make out on this.