2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Electrical System

Old 08-17-2008, 05:39 PM   #1
ls1 killer

ipod 2 car installed in 03

just installed into an 03 mach1 stock radio....works awesome...great sound,cd quality......

install was very easy..30 min job if that.....def a good buy.....
ls1 killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 12:14 PM   #2
DSG Mach ONE
Got Boost?

Re: ipod 2 car installed in 03

got a link?

-ProCharged-

FOR SALE! PRO-M Racing Mass Air
FOR SALE! Cobra Fuel Hat w/ Cobra Pumps

MM&FF -August 2007- Mach 1 vs Cobra Shootout! ***Page 70***
http://www.musclemustangfastfords.co...out/index.html
DSG Mach ONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 01:42 PM   #3
ls1 killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSG Mach ONE View Post
got a link?
i dont i actually bought this off ebay for 70bucks but there is a link if you use the search to at least explain the product better
Old 08-30-2008, 10:16 PM   #4
Lonestar7

Cool Re: ipod 2 car installed in 03

So what part made this happen I would like one as FM modulation sucks for sound quality.

LS
Lonestar7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 01:44 AM   #5
ls1 killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar7 View Post
So what part made this happen I would like one as FM modulation sucks for sound quality.

LS
its called ipod 2 car google it even...it should come up...wires into the back of your stock cd player to give you cd quality sound out of your ipod
Old 08-31-2008, 05:27 AM   #6
Lonestar7

Cool Re: ipod 2 car installed in 03

Thanks this helps!

LS
Lonestar7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 12:08 AM   #7
Power Crazy

Why would u waste $70 when for just a little more, u could have bought a new HU with an Aux/ipod in and have even better sound quality. The factory stereo is garbage.
Power Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 12:47 PM   #8
jdamach1
Mustang Nut Too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Crazy View Post
Why would u waste $70 when for just a little more, u could have bought a new HU with an Aux/ipod in and have even better sound quality. The factory stereo is garbage.
Some people actually like keeping their Machs stock, including the radio.
Old 09-10-2008, 12:54 PM   #9
UIN2IT
Doug aka "TK"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdamach1 View Post
Some people actually like keeping their Machs stock, including the radio.
+1..... Same here
3.5" Rolled Tips ~ '03 Cobra IRS ~ H&R/Eibach springs w/Bilstiens ~ FRPP 4.10 gears
Mac Pro-Chamber ~ Hurst Short Throw Shifter ~ '01 Cobra Bumper w/Mach Chin spoiler

WISH LIST:Full Length SFC's // 4pc March Pulleys // Ported Intake Manifold // Custom grind Cams
UIN2IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 01:45 PM   #10
shake this

Quote:
Please show me a HU that is under $100 with aux/ipod and has all the features the stock unit has, including a in-dash 6 disk cd player. Now add the dash kit, wire adapters, amp adapters and install time and let me know how much that "little more" comes out to. Hell...I'd like you to show me one that can be bought and installed for under $140.00 (twice the price of the ipod hook up) that can cover everything I've listed.
PHP intake spacer
Aluminum Driveshaft
SLP line-lock
4.10 gears
Moser axles
welded axle tubes
ET Radials
Dyno 300whp 318wtq n/a

415whp 515wtq NX 125 shot
Someone needs to slap the stupid outa you
shake this is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 01:53 PM   #11
jdamach1
Mustang Nut Too

Quote:
Originally Posted by shake this View Post
Please show me a HU that is under $100 with aux/ipod and has all the features the stock unit has, including a in-dash 6 disk cd player. Now add the dash kit, wire adapters, amp adapters and install time and let me know how much that "little more" comes out to. Hell...I'd like you to show me one that can be bought and installed for under $140.00 (twice the price of the ipod hook up) that can cover everything I've listed.
Right on bro +1
Old 09-10-2008, 04:57 PM   #12
Power Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shake this View Post

wow bro, your quite angry there. I can see keeping the car stock, but dropping almost $100 on a crappy adapter is just plain stupid. I can list decks all day long that are better than the factory deck. I thought that might be common sense but I guess not. I bet even overpriced Crutchfield has HU's that have Aux inputs for less than $100, that are far superior to factory. CD's are old school, let them go the way of the tape deck. It's USB/SDcard/iPod control HU's that are current gen.

BTW, you can buy the HU, and get a free wiring harness for it and have it installed for free at most Stereo shops. I swear the idiot's really are taking over
Power Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 05:22 PM   #13
shake this

Quote:
wow bro, your quite angry there. I can see keeping the car stock, but dropping almost $100 on a crappy adapter is just plain stupid. I can list decks all day long that are better than the factory deck. I thought that might be common sense but I guess not. I bet even overpriced Crutchfield has HU's that have Aux inputs for less than $100, that are far superior to factory. CD's are old school, let them go the way of the tape deck. It's USB/SDcard/iPod control HU's that are current gen.

BTW, you can buy the HU, and get a free wiring harness for it and have it installed for free at most Stereo shops. I swear the idiot's really are taking over
Not angry at all just tired of seeing people post bs about stuff they know nothing about. You might want to take a step back and look at the system in the Mach before you start spouting off crap you don't know about. I never said you couldn't list decks all day long that are better then the stock unit but I did say you couldn't list any for even the $140 installed that are as good or has the functions the stock deck has. You are the one that said you could replace the deck for just a little more. Please, tell me your definition of a little more.

Oh...and BTW, please explain to me how your going to get the factory amps (you did know that the Mach has two of them didn't you?) to work with the almighty aftermarket deck with just a simple wire harness that is provided free by the store.

Why don't you get back to work at Best Buy installing your little deck and 4 for the low...low...price of only $99.99 and don't worry why the windshield wipers turn on everytime you hit the number 4 preset or why the horn honks every time you plug the Ipod in as I'm sure it had nothing to do with how you installed it.
PHP intake spacer
Aluminum Driveshaft
SLP line-lock
4.10 gears
Moser axles
welded axle tubes
ET Radials
Dyno 300whp 318wtq n/a

415whp 515wtq NX 125 shot
Someone needs to slap the stupid outa you

Last edited by shake this; 09-10-2008 at 05:59 PM.
shake this is offline   Reply With Quote