2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

Old 07-09-2009, 09:58 PM   #26
bleedingfordblu

Re: This made me laugh - can you tell what's going on????

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03AV8R View Post
The bike is a POS & id just push it over without a second thought if i needed to get in that car.. Id push it away from my car even if it were on the passanger side just because its such an ugly POS, would anyone even care?? Whats the cop gonna do?? dust the tank for my bootprint??
lmfao uh yeah if someone in a bike parked parked that close to my truck or car i'd kick it over. but the guy in the car is probably double parked. i do that in my truck if someone is takin up two spots

Stock bottom end/compression
Eaton M112
Stock upper
Stock lower
K&N intake
Built T56
Bassani mid length headers
Bassani catted x pipe
Bassani slash cut tip catback
Stock 03 Cobra IRS
18x9/10 Forgestar F14
Tuned by Chris Macduff at IMA motorsports
429hp 407 tq @ 7.5 lbs of boost
bleedingfordblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 02:13 PM   #27
Drenath

Come on guys there's only one Mustang that comes in that color. Almost certainly the OP's car.

**** move for sure. If this happened to me and I wasn't in a bike parking area, I would call a towing company.
Old 07-10-2009, 07:07 PM   #28
G
Undocumented Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drenath View Post
Come on guys there's only one Mustang that comes in that color. Almost certainly the OP's car.

**** move for sure. If this happened to me and I wasn't in a bike parking area, I would call a towing company.
Yep the color is a pretty good clue and it is my car.

FYI, 99% of the riders are great guys and everyone I talked to thought it was a HUGE overreaction. We have 7 riders in my office of 10. This was pretty entertaining.
1933 Ford 3W Coupe (4.6 dohc Stack Injection)
2003 Cobra TR (sold)
2014 Mustang GT (Track Pack) in Black
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 08:49 AM   #29
Mikestang
Parrot Head

If it was a Victory rather than a Crappy HP
I could say

umm they both have 1.6 liter
motors
03 MACH1 Torch Red #274 Built 11/14/02 Home 12/07/02 Payed off 09/17/07 MRT powershift, W\Hurst T-handle, Painted hood stripe, AFS 10.5 and 9.0 Crome Mach 1Wheels, Ford GT Coil Covers.
"If She had a set a wings, Man I know She could fly "
2011 Kona Blue Metalic Mustang GT Premium 5.0 Rolling on 19s
"2011 Will Be Known As The Year They Perfected The Mustang "
06 Victory Kingpin With more mods than I can list
http://home.roadrunner.com/~crazyhorse/
Mikestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 02:16 PM   #30
Apollo240
12's

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastEddie09 View Post
No, you'd have some boot prints on your face for touching my bike.

So its the bikers fault the cager cant read?

Maybe I should stop, you sounded pretty tuff the way you can just kick a bike over Your as much as a fairy boy as kids that steal emblems from cars.
Well spoken! It dont matter though...ppl who drive cars dont understand...they are safe in their little cockpit with airbags and seatbelts where they can freely talk on the phone or engage in other distracting activites, if they tap someone else...o well...they will be ok so its not a big deal.

Although...if that biker was smarter he would parked his bike the other way so the driver couldnt kick it over...that is if he parked it with that intention of blocking the driver.

Current: Ls1 Corvette
Apollo240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 02:25 PM   #31
FastEddie09

"they are safe in their little cockpit with airbags and seatbelts where they can freely talk on the phone or engage in other distracting activites, if they tap someone else...o well...they will be ok so its not a big deal"

They will never know the crap we deal with unless they get on and ride! So most will just never know. Be safe man.
  • 4200 Stall - BC Automotive
  • Nitto NT05-R 275/40/17
  • MM FLSFC
  • HPM Megabite JR LCAs
  • CHE adjustable UCAs
  • Tociko D-Specs
  • Eibach Pro Kit
  • 31 Spline Cobra diff
  • 31 Spline Mosers
  • FRPP Axle girdle
  • 4.10 Gears
  • FRPP Aluminum DS
  • K&N Intake
  • Intake spacer 3/8
  • O/R X pipe w/ Magnaflows
  • Shaker air diverter
FastEddie09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 03:09 PM   #32
Apollo240
12's

Quote:
"they are safe in their little cockpit with airbags and seatbelts where they can freely talk on the phone or engage in other distracting activites, if they tap someone else...o well...they will be ok so its not a big deal"

They will never know the crap we deal with unless they get on and ride! So most will just never know. Be safe man.
Exactly, everyone should be required to do atleast a week on a motorcycle just to understand how unsafe the roads are because of people in cars/trucks. Maybe they will then understand why we do the things we do. Keep the rubber side down buddy.

Old 07-11-2009, 03:21 PM   #33
G
Undocumented Member

I don't get all the anger on this matter. Being a rider myself this guy handled it wrong. He should have left a note. The parking lot is about to be reconfigured so the bike parking will be in a different location; they are not going to repaint the pavement markings until the changes have been made.

I understand that riding a motorcycle is a challenge at times but it's also a choice. Frankly, there are places and times that keep me off the bike.
2003 Cobra TR (sold)
Old 07-11-2009, 04:49 PM   #34
Apollo240
12's

Quote:
Originally Posted by G View Post
I don't get all the anger on this matter. Being a rider myself this guy handled it wrong. He should have left a note. The parking lot is about to be reconfigured so the bike parking will be in a different location; they are not going to repaint the pavement markings until the changes have been made.

I understand that riding a motorcycle is a challenge at times but it's also a choice. Frankly, there are places and times that keep me off the bike.
Not angry, I understand why you posted it, it is funny. I just dont like it when people start giving bikers crap. Their the kind of people that cut a biker off and when he gives em the finger they look at him like he did something wrong.

Old 07-12-2009, 08:30 AM   #35
Mikestang
Parrot Head

Lets face it AMERICANS CANT DRIVE FOR CRAP !

We need to revamp the way we give out licenses to any one that can go drive perfect for 10 min for a crapy roadtest
to a system were you should have to attend comprehensive classroom driving training that needs to start at age 15. I say make some one sit in a classroom a year before you even hand them the keys

one thing THE LEFT LANE IS FOR PASSING STAY RIGHT ! This is one of the number 1 rules in europe and passing on the left is a major infraction

another DONT TAILGATE another major cause of accidents.....

I have a motorcycle endorsement that I went to a MSF coarse to get
certified it was a 3 day coarse of 9 and 10 hour days. yes almost 35 hours of instruction on how just to ride a bike safely.

In my own opinion this should be the ONLY way to get a MC license.
I also think this method should be adopted for automobiles too.

Also lets have a little bit of courtesy for your fellow driver you know the **** that cuts every one off to make a light 10 seconds faster than every one else....

And GET OF THE GD CELL PHONE ! You cant drive and talk I have seen it
Your not that important that some one needs to talk to you at that point
I dont care who you think you are.

A few things that should also be a requirement so you can get a license
You should know how to CHANGE A TIRE
You should know HOW TO DRIVE A STICK
You should know the basics about how brakes work
how tires react to wet conditions and snow and ice were applicable
03 MACH1 Torch Red #274 Built 11/14/02 Home 12/07/02 Payed off 09/17/07 MRT powershift, W\Hurst T-handle, Painted hood stripe, AFS 10.5 and 9.0 Crome Mach 1Wheels, Ford GT Coil Covers.
Old 07-12-2009, 07:22 PM   #36
Apollo240
12's

Re: Lets face it AMERICANS CANT DRIVE FOR CRAP !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikestang View Post
We need to revamp the way we give out licenses to any one that can go drive perfect for 10 min for a crapy roadtest
to a system were you should have to attend comprehensive classroom driving training that needs to start at age 15. I say make some one sit in a classroom a year before you even hand them the keys

one thing THE LEFT LANE IS FOR PASSING STAY RIGHT ! This is one of the number 1 rules in europe and passing on the left is a major infraction

another DONT TAILGATE another major cause of accidents.....

I have a motorcycle endorsement that I went to a MSF coarse to get
certified it was a 3 day coarse of 9 and 10 hour days. yes almost 35 hours of instruction on how just to ride a bike safely.

In my own opinion this should be the ONLY way to get a MC license.
I also think this method should be adopted for automobiles too.

Also lets have a little bit of courtesy for your fellow driver you know the **** that cuts every one off to make a light 10 seconds faster than every one else....

And GET OF THE GD CELL PHONE ! You cant drive and talk I have seen it
Your not that important that some one needs to talk to you at that point
I dont care who you think you are.

A few things that should also be a requirement so you can get a license
You should know how to CHANGE A TIRE
You should know HOW TO DRIVE A STICK
You should know the basics about how brakes work
how tires react to wet conditions and snow and ice were applicable
This is all EXACTLY what needs to change and how things should work except for the MSF course part. While I agree the course is a good thing, it doesnt do enough for real life riding. They teach nothing about high speed cornering(above 30mph, highway speeds etc) My g/f just graduated the MSF course in April and the street is a totally different thing. 1 buddy who took the course was the worst rider on the street I have seen. Another wrecked twice and decided it wasnt for him. As I said the course is a good thing, but it needs more real life situations in it. As of this point it just directs you how to do the same motions to pass the test at the MVA.

Old 07-12-2009, 07:34 PM   #37
JasonARGY

Quote:

This is the main reason why i dont have a bike. I would love to have a bike to take on a cruise on a sunny day but im just too scared.
JasonARGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 05:14 PM   #38
Mikestang
Parrot Head

Re: Lets face it AMERICANS CANT DRIVE FOR CRAP !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo240 View Post
This is all EXACTLY what needs to change and how things should work except for the MSF course part. While I agree the course is a good thing, it doesnt do enough for real life riding. They teach nothing about high speed cornering(above 30mph, highway speeds etc) My g/f just graduated the MSF course in April and the street is a totally different thing. 1 buddy who took the course was the worst rider on the street I have seen. Another wrecked twice and decided it wasnt for him. As I said the course is a good thing, but it needs more real life situations in it. As of this point it just directs you how to do the same motions to pass the test at the MVA.
I kinda learned with a mix i got the bike in april took msf in may had about 800 miles on the bike

then I put another 4k miles on the bike ( suzuki boulivard) the rest of the summer
traded the 800 in at the end of the year with 4500 miles on it
for a 1650 (victory kindpin)

got on the bike took it real easy for the first 1000 miles
now with allmost 4k on this bike i feel confident........

thing is in a little over 1 year i rode over 8000 miles
and learned how to ride

the weekend warriors are the ones that get them selves into trouble
riding about 1500 miles a year on a bike they have no right to be on......
Old 07-13-2009, 11:24 PM   #39
G
Undocumented Member

No substitute for experience and good training. The MSF courses are great for the beginner and "experienced" rider. I raced motorcycles from age 12 until 25 but found the MSF course very helpful. Being a flat-track racer I really felt safer doing that compared to street riding. For the majority of my time I raced with pro's and we were all going the same direction with no cars around. Street riding is VERY serious business which needs a serious approach to training and building experience.

I'm about 3 weeks away from being a non-rider again. I've been riding a busa for a buddy who's a short timer in the ROK. I promised the wife I would not own a bike in return for having the hot rod and upcoming race car. A small price to pay.
2003 Cobra TR (sold)
Old 07-14-2009, 12:13 PM   #40
Apollo240
12's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikestang View Post
I kinda learned with a mix i got the bike in april took msf in may had about 800 miles on the bike

then I put another 4k miles on the bike ( suzuki boulivard) the rest of the summer
traded the 800 in at the end of the year with 4500 miles on it
for a 1650 (victory kindpin)

got on the bike took it real easy for the first 1000 miles
now with allmost 4k on this bike i feel confident........

thing is in a little over 1 year i rode over 8000 miles
and learned how to ride

the weekend warriors are the ones that get them selves into trouble
riding about 1500 miles a year on a bike they have no right to be on......
I agree, practice makes perfect. Those are the same guys who go out in cut-off sleve shirts, brain bucket and call a guy in full leathers on a crotch rocket dangerous...They say we fly around, I hear a harley lay into in, and the rider is just like i described. I guess since they are so **** slow it makes them safe Pavement hurts at 50mph, and skin dont hold up too much past 5mph...

Quote:
Originally Posted by G View Post
No substitute for experience and good training. The MSF courses are great for the beginner and "experienced" rider. I raced motorcycles from age 12 until 25 but found the MSF course very helpful. Being a flat-track racer I really felt safer doing that compared to street riding. For the majority of my time I raced with pro's and we were all going the same direction with no cars around. Street riding is VERY serious business which needs a serious approach to training and building experience.

I'm about 3 weeks away from being a non-rider again. I've been riding a busa for a buddy who's a short timer in the ROK. I promised the wife I would not own a bike in return for having the hot rod and upcoming race car. A small price to pay.
What I've seen about the advanced is its great, the beginner, like I said, its basically a mentorship for the test at the MVA, both of which I believe are too easy to become licensed.