2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Engine & Drivetrain (Including trans & rear axles)

Old 06-24-2011, 07:04 PM   #1
lil devil

Re: Removing Valve Covers and Installing Cobra Cams - A Complete How To With Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach828 View Post
I recommend putting a block of wood between the oil pan and K member when you life the engine, even one between the motor mount and k member. That way in case your block of wood proping up the engine fails, your not going to lose a limb. It takes some wiggling skill, but with the engine titled, it comes out as easy as the passenger side.

There is also a sensor on the master cyclinder. Take that off, If its really tight, cut the wire clamp in front of the drivers side shock tower to get more room.

Also, I took off the bracket and white jug in front of the drivers side cover. I think its the power steering fluid container.
Thanks for the advice, will definately do that. Hopefully I can get some time in a few days to get the drivers side valve cover and the timing cover off. Cams should be here in about 2-3 weeks...bout the time I get my covers back from powdercoat.
lil devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 07:06 PM   #2
Mach828
Dark Knight

Re: Removing Valve Covers and Installing Cobra Cams - A Complete How To With Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil devil View Post
Thanks for the advice, will definately do that. Hopefully I can get some time in a few days to get the drivers side valve cover and the timing cover off. Cams should be here in about 2-3 weeks...bout the time I get my covers back from powdercoat.
NP. Once it clears the brake booster, lower the engine back down a few inches, and then its easier to pull it out completely. Same process on the reinstall. What cams are you putting in?

Vortech V2 S-trim, E85, A2A Treadstone, Comp cams, built engine, full exhaust, built rear, built 4r70, more mods.

Tuned by me with SCT Advantage
Mach828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 10:02 PM   #3
lil devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach828 View Post
NP. Once it clears the brake booster, lower the engine back down a few inches, and then its easier to pull it out completely. Same process on the reinstall. What cams are you putting in?
A set of custom grind comps, but just the intake cams. Was thinking about the cobra cams, but most were going for around 200 shipped. I got these for 590 shipped and they have 220 degrees duration. Should give me a nice idle and hoping they make my power curve a lil nicer to.
lil devil is offline   Reply With Quote