2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Power Adders

Power Adders Superchargers, Turbos, Nitrous, etc...

Old 02-26-2010, 06:23 PM   #26
2k4mach
LuLz

Re: What to expect-Diablo tunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSPTurtle View Post
^^ Fail. Go buy a stang...
yet he has more PROPER knowledge than you do on this subject and mustangs.
04 DSG Mach 1 (stolen)
03 OW Mach 1 (sitting in a field rotting away)
2k4mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:35 PM   #27
DSPTurtle
DIY Knuckle Buster

As I said a few weeks ago... it is amazing how even seemingly helpful people will fall in line and support a bully. LOL Too bad I don't know how to say fail in three languages.
1983 944 - DE Car
2004 Cayenne - Family Tow Vehicle
DSPTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 10:54 AM   #28
311-420
Can't be bridled

It's too bad you don't know the first thing about that Mach 1 in your signature
2004 Mach 1 #6956 5spd w/IUP
Eaton swap, longtubes, built 3.73 SRA
452hp/409tq dynojet🏁
311-420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 11:58 AM   #29
Jumpback

I know i have to get to the dyno just for a base hp & tq i'm just trying to share things here and see what you all are suggesting, i am new to ford, i had a srt8 murdered out n/a charger but had to let it go so i bought this and i'm trying to like it but it's so different from the hemi and i appreciate all the input whether you know alot or just more than me, so chill peeps
Old 02-27-2010, 02:18 PM   #30
ponygt65

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k4mach View Post
yet he has more PROPER knowledge than you do on this subject and mustangs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 311-420 View Post
Thanks guys.

Quote:
As I said a few weeks ago... it is amazing how even seemingly helpful people will fall in line and support a bully. LOL Too bad I don't know how to say fail in three languages.
You've been here for 6 months, yet you know everything about my 6 year tenure on this site and myself?

"amazing how even seemingly helpful people will fall in line and support a bully." - At what point does someone look at one's self to see the entire picture that has been painted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpback View Post
I know i have to get to the dyno just for a base hp & tq i'm just trying to share things here and see what you all are suggesting, i am new to ford, i had a srt8 murdered out n/a charger but had to let it go so i bought this and i'm trying to like it but it's so different from the hemi and i appreciate all the input whether you know alot or just more than me, so chill peeps
Please don't misunderstand, the dyno runs have nothing to do with a baseline. That is a just an added bonus/FYI regarding future mods. The 'important' reason for doing that is to double check your A/F at WOT/open loop after you install air adjusting mods.....ESPECIALLY with a diablo box tune that is known to bump timing and lean out the A/F in of itself. Also, keep in mind those 'adjustments' are set for 93 octane from Diablo. Not 91.

Previous stangs:
2003 Mineral Grey Cobra Vert
1965 Factory GT K Code Coupe - mostly original and numbers matching. 14.9 (best) GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!!
2003 MACh 1 AB - MINE!..SLP LM1s, PHP Spacer, and a CAI, that wont' stop whistling.
2004 MACh 1 DSG - PHP spacer, BOrla Stingers, K and N CAI, Tune, X-pipe, 1" 1-piece raised shaker...yadda yadda.
ponygt65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 04:01 PM   #31
DSPTurtle
DIY Knuckle Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 311-420 View Post
I must respectfully disagree with your comment... the entire reason I moved to a Mach 1 was because I am bored with the other stuff. I have done VW, BMW and Porsche... it was time to learn a little about good old American muscle.
1983 944 - DE Car
Old 02-28-2010, 01:03 AM   #32
rich1
AUTOMACHTIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpback View Post
Just ordered a preadator and JLT CAI what can i expect from the tunner, and should i start off w/a canned tune or do i have to dyno asap?
Just do a search and you will find that a JLT and a Diablo together will lean to the 13.5 - 14.0 ranges . How are you going to know this ? If you just go get the A/F checked you might as well get a proper tune. Really..The 1st real mod you should do is get a A/F meter, so you know.
UPGRADES...Tokico Illuminas Borla SS Catback , Steeda Underdrives , Strut Brace , HPM Lower K Brace , L /C Arms , U /C Arms , HPM PanHard Bar, K&N FRPK 2, GOODYEAR GT1 , MRT- H-Pipe , JLT VaporTraps , SLP-12'" Tips! , FRPP Shorty 1 5/8 Headers , Brembo D/S & PBR D/S Rotors ,FRPP Alum.DS ,Roys 3/8 Spacer , SVT Focus 255 pump SCTsw Chip PRO-DYNOjet NA 300.01hp /315tq (Auto) ,Innovate W/B ,Compucar Wet Kit (90jet) + Heater and E Gauge * 360 hp/385tq 12.5 -1/4 @112
rich1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 05:39 PM   #33
ponygt65

Quote:
I must respectfully disagree with your comment... the entire reason I moved to a Mach 1 was because I am bored with the other stuff. I have done VW, BMW and Porsche... it was time to learn a little about good old American muscle.
Soooooooo............being knowledged on german engineering (let alone the differences between three) means you know about machs? Hmmm...especially being on here for 6 months?

Yep, that cause for reason to disagree with his statement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich1 View Post
Just do a search and you will find that a JLT and a Diablo together will lean to the 13.5 - 14.0 ranges . How are you going to know this ? If you just go get the A/F checked you might as well get a proper tune. Really..The 1st real mod you should do is get a A/F meter, so you know.

Previous stangs:
1965 Factory GT K Code Coupe - mostly original and numbers matching. 14.9 (best) GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!!
2003 MACh 1 AB - MINE!..SLP LM1s, PHP Spacer, and a CAI, that wont' stop whistling.
2004 MACh 1 DSG - PHP spacer, BOrla Stingers, K and N CAI, Tune, X-pipe, 1" 1-piece raised shaker...yadda yadda.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:58 PM   #34
DSPTurtle
DIY Knuckle Buster

Dude, why are you keeping this alive? If you go back and read the original post I made that got you fired up, I posed it as a freaking question... not a statement. Holy cow, lets just go drink a beer already and be done with this.
All I really wanted to know was if the PCM closes the loop on the knock sensors for both advance AND retard. Some of the newer Bosch control systems will push the advance until the knock sensors see detonation. That was all I was asking with regard to 104 octane and its slower flame front...
1983 944 - DE Car
Old 03-01-2010, 07:08 PM   #35
ponygt65

Quote:
Dude, why are you keeping this alive? If you go back and read the original post I made that got you fired up, I posed it as a freaking question... not a statement. Holy cow, lets just go drink a beer already and be done with this.
All I really wanted to know was if the PCM closes the loop on the knock sensors for both advance AND retard. Some of the newer Bosch control systems will push the advance until the knock sensors see detonation. That was all I was asking with regard to 104 octane and its slower flame front...
Did you just call me an advanced retard?

Previous stangs:
Old 03-01-2010, 08:59 PM   #36
DSPTurtle
DIY Knuckle Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponygt65 View Post
Did you just call me an advanced retard?
I might have...

BTW, I found this wicked cool and informative site that discusses the knock sensor's role in the Ford engine management strategy. LINK
Apparently the knock sensor is merely used at WOT to retard the timing and is simply a safety net. Oh well, maybe the new 5.0L will have a different strategy.
1983 944 - DE Car

Last edited by DSPTurtle; 03-02-2010 at 12:55 PM.