2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > Regional Area Forums > US-Texas

Old 03-06-2010, 11:32 PM   #1
Dawg
Marking My Territory!!!

Talking Old Times - DFW Gang

Ok... Got my forum account / ID unlocked. I thought I got banned but it turns out I had an old email address on my profile so they suspended my access. Dave got it fixed for me.

I thought I'd start a new thread so we wouldn't hi-jack the shootout thread...

Dan - Thanks for the referral to Gearheads. New clutch is in and its working good. The price wasn't bad at all. I guess I can't complain about the stock clutch since I got 7 years out of it and 2 of those years were racing.

So, you're a Daddy now... Congratulations, albeit late since I haven't been on the board in ages.. I like the work you've done to Smokey. I can't wait to see this summer at the track.

Lisa - Great to hear from you! So you're back behind the wheel of a camaro again. Better than the Sunfire, eh? How's Lucky?

I looked over the forums for the old gang and it looks like Dan is the only one still posting regularly. If you guys are still out there, post up how you have been doing... Ron, WildBill, Thomas, Jim...

As for me, I've been to hell and back in my professional career but things are looking up now. Very busy with some extensive travel in Asia coming up. Still happily married, 3 kiddos and I'm back in college to finish up my latest degree.

I still have the Mach 1. It's a daily driver now instead of a track car. Yes Dan, my car is still dirty...

Let's hear from ya!!!
--------------------------------------
Tuned Dyno: HP & TQ

2005 Mach 1 / Bullitt Shootout Super Street Bracket Winner

2005 DFW-SVTOA Day at the Drags Bracket Winner

Performance Mod's by HPP Racing

R.I.P. 99whitecobra99
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 11:54 PM   #2
70mustangman
Old School

Re: Old Times - DFW Gang

Hi, Dawg I am in HV too! I am the guy that has the two 70 Machs and 04 Mach under car port. Do you own the Black Mach? Are you next to HV elementray school? If so I believe I spoke with you about your 10.5 AFS wheels about a year ago. I have the 04' Azure Mach. Where do you guy's race (Denton)? My Mach sits mores than driven hard to keep the battery charged! I am giong to take it out tomorrow up to Marcus HS parking lot to teach my Daugther to drive a manual. May need a trip to Gearheads for a clutch after the training Hope not!!! I need to get over to Gearheads for some work anyway. I have set of FR 410's that need to be installed. Getting one of the 70's ready for sale Daughter off to College soon need the money! I hate to part with it but it looks like a parking lot around here!
70mustangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:07 AM   #3
lisaz28
Here's Tanner...

DAWG

Yep, back behind the wheel of a Camaro and loving every minute of it. This 2010 2SS is much faster than my `02 with mods. If I remember correctly, after mods, my `02 made 345 rwhp. This thing comes stock with 426 at the crank. I haven't had it dynoed as of yet, but would love to see what this baby is putting down at the wheels.

I miss the Tribute because it had so much room and since it was a small SUV I was sitting up much higher. Oh well, you have to sacrifice if you want to drive something much faster.

I too am back in school. I am in the middle of my 4th semester of law school. 4 more semesters to go and then on the bar. UGH. I'm not sure this old brain of mine can handle all of this, but I'm giving it my best shot.

Lucky no longer has his Mach. He is in to drag racing his Kawasaki ZX14. He can go much faster on two wheels than four with a lot less money for mods. He is hoping to really get out there this Spring and Summer.

As for the old gang, Wild Bill is on here pretty regularly. Not sure if he has seen this post though. I've asked questions about Louise via email, but haven't heard back from him so I have no idea about that situation.

I'm glad Dan referred you to Gearheads because based on everything I've read they are the shop to go to in the area. The only shop I'll be needing is one with a dyno so I can get some rwhp numbers on this baby.

How old are the kids now? My youngest turned 21 in January. I can't believe she is now old enough to consume alcohol. Very scary thought!

Good to hear from you. Hope some more of the "old gang" post up.

2010 Camaro 2SS, Victory Red, 6 speed
Magna Flow Exhaust (dealer installed) SOLD

2007 Red Ninja 250 SOLD

2002 Red Z28, t-tops, 6 speed SOLD
Mods: Lid and Holley Air Filter, 4.10 Gears, Y-Pipe, Magna Flow Exhaust, bypass pipes, ported TB, ET Streets
Best times:
12.272 in 1/4 @ 113.87 mph (1/16/05)
7.919 in 1/8 @ 88.52 mph (1/16/05)

<><
lisaz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 03:05 AM   #4
Dawg
Marking My Territory!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70mustangman View Post
Hi, Dawg I am in HV too! I am the guy that has the two 70 Machs and 04 Mach under car port. Do you own the Black Mach? Are you next to HV elementray school? If so I believe I spoke with you about your 10.5 AFS wheels about a year ago. I have the 04' Azure Mach. Where do you guy's race (Denton)? My Mach sits mores than driven hard to keep the battery charged! I am giong to take it out tomorrow up to Marcus HS parking lot to teach my Daugther to drive a manual. May need a trip to Gearheads for a clutch after the training Hope not!!! I need to get over to Gearheads for some work anyway. I have set of FR 410's that need to be installed. Getting one of the 70's ready for sale Daughter off to College soon need the money! I hate to part with it but it looks like a parking lot around here!
I think that was me... Of course I have a hard time remembering what happened last week, let alone a year ago.

I used to race at Denton, now called NorthStar. I have avoided the track since 2006 so I don't get bitten by the race bug again. Family first...

You'll like the 4:10's. I have the same in mine.

Gearheads is a good shop. They are busy so allow some extra time to complete the job.

There is another shop I used in the past that did really good work and I didn't have to take it back for "tweeks" and adjustments. It's Texas Drivetrain Performance, you can call Jason @ 817-300-6840.

Good luck and hope to see you around town.

R.I.P. 99whitecobra99
Old 03-10-2010, 03:28 AM   #5
Dawg
Marking My Territory!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaz28 View Post
DAWG

Yep, back behind the wheel of a Camaro and loving every minute of it. This 2010 2SS is much faster than my `02 with mods. If I remember correctly, after mods, my `02 made 345 rwhp. This thing comes stock with 426 at the crank. I haven't had it dynoed as of yet, but would love to see what this baby is putting down at the wheels.

I miss the Tribute because it had so much room and since it was a small SUV I was sitting up much higher. Oh well, you have to sacrifice if you want to drive something much faster.

I too am back in school. I am in the middle of my 4th semester of law school. 4 more semesters to go and then on the bar. UGH. I'm not sure this old brain of mine can handle all of this, but I'm giving it my best shot.

Lucky no longer has his Mach. He is in to drag racing his Kawasaki ZX14. He can go much faster on two wheels than four with a lot less money for mods. He is hoping to really get out there this Spring and Summer.

As for the old gang, Wild Bill is on here pretty regularly. Not sure if he has seen this post though. I've asked questions about Louise via email, but haven't heard back from him so I have no idea about that situation.

I'm glad Dan referred you to Gearheads because based on everything I've read they are the shop to go to in the area. The only shop I'll be needing is one with a dyno so I can get some rwhp numbers on this baby.

How old are the kids now? My youngest turned 21 in January. I can't believe she is now old enough to consume alcohol. Very scary thought!

Good to hear from you. Hope some more of the "old gang" post up.
Lisa - Gearheads has a dyno and I'm sure they'll let you in there even though its a Ford shop... :-)

Great to hear from you. Time has flown by at Mach 1 or faster (sorry couldn't pass up the reference). My kiddos are 3, 5 & 10. Add those up and that's about the number of new grey hairs they are giving me each day.

Sounds like you're about to have an empty nest... Hmmm. Less expenses, more mod' $$$. I see your plan. :-)

Keep after the law degree. It will pay big returns some day.

It's getting late. I'll post up more in a day or so.

Take care and tell Lucky I said "Hi!".

R.I.P. 99whitecobra99
Old 03-10-2010, 02:19 PM   #6
lisaz28
Here's Tanner...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
Lisa - Gearheads has a dyno and I'm sure they'll let you in there even though its a Ford shop... :-)

Great to hear from you. Time has flown by at Mach 1 or faster (sorry couldn't pass up the reference). My kiddos are 3, 5 & 10. Add those up and that's about the number of new grey hairs they are giving me each day.

Sounds like you're about to have an empty nest... Hmmm. Less expenses, more mod' $$$. I see your plan. :-)

Keep after the law degree. It will pay big returns some day.

It's getting late. I'll post up more in a day or so.

Take care and tell Lucky I said "Hi!".
Actually, I already have an empty nest, but will not be using the money for mods. I swear I am not going to mod this one. The vibration in the drive shaft on my `02 Z28 was enough to make me get rid of it and I want to keep and enjoy this car as long as I can. Of course it was up to the shop to repair this as we paid out the whazoo for them to do it, but since we weren't buying a twin turbo or any high dollar mods they weren't interested in doing the job right! I hear they are still this way. Enough of shop bashing.

We need to have some kind of GTG as I would love to see everyone.

Talk to you soon.

2007 Red Ninja 250 SOLD

Mods: Lid and Holley Air Filter, 4.10 Gears, Y-Pipe, Magna Flow Exhaust, bypass pipes, ported TB, ET Streets
Best times:

<><
Old 03-10-2010, 07:24 PM   #7
Jester
Super Moderator

Hey guys!

2004 Silver Metallic Cobra
2.3 Whipple - 60lb injectors -Twin FGT Pumps
8 gauge/BAP/FPDM - JLT - Bassani Catted X / Catback - SCT PRP - 4# Lower - 3.50/3.00 Uppers - 19/24 PSI

2017 White Shelby F150
2.9L Whipple

Old 03-11-2010, 08:53 AM   #8
lisaz28
Here's Tanner...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Hey guys!
Hey back at you. Can you post pics of the Cobra? I'd like to see it!

2007 Red Ninja 250 SOLD

Best times:

<><
Old 03-11-2010, 09:05 PM   #9
Jester
Super Moderator

Here she is!
When I bought it in May of '08 it was stock besides a 2.9 pulley on the stock Eaton blower and Magnaflow exhaust. I've changed a few things since then...
Attached Thumbnails
3.jpg   4.jpg   5.jpg  

8 gauge/BAP/FPDM - JLT - Bassani Catted X / Catback - SCT PRP - 4# Lower - 3.50/3.00 Uppers - 19/24 PSI

2017 White Shelby F150
2.9L Whipple

Old 03-12-2010, 10:31 AM   #10
lisaz28
Here's Tanner...

Quote:
Here she is!
When I bought it in May of '08 it was stock besides a 2.9 pulley on the stock Eaton blower and Magnaflow exhaust. I've changed a few things since then...
Very nice! I always loved the sound of the Cobra. I'm sure she sounds even sweeter with your mods.

Working on getting pics of the 2SS to post from photobucket. Currently having some issues.

Can't wait to see current pics of the kids.

2007 Red Ninja 250 SOLD

Best times:

<><
Old 03-12-2010, 10:36 AM   #11
lisaz28
Here's Tanner...

Let's try this:
Attached Thumbnails
100_0820.jpg   100_0822.jpg   100_0825.jpg   100_0826.jpg   100_0819.jpg  

2007 Red Ninja 250 SOLD

Best times:

<><
Old 03-12-2010, 11:27 AM   #12
Jester
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaz28 View Post
Let's try this:
Very nice!!!! Love the red- I've got an '07 VR Chevy Truck.

2017 White Shelby F150
2.9L Whipple

Old 03-12-2010, 11:36 AM   #13
lisaz28
Here's Tanner...

Quote:
Very nice!!!! Love the red- I've got an '07 VR Chevy Truck.
Thanks! I LOVE red and having it on the Camaro is an added bonus!

2007 Red Ninja 250 SOLD

Best times:

<><
Old 03-13-2010, 02:20 AM   #14
Dan03mach
Spool'n UP

Hey Patrick glad you got the clutch in and its working out for you... I have to put a new radiator fan in my car. I think mine is messed up because the 50amp fuse keeps on blowing. lol I took the fan out and wired it directly to the battery and it comes on fine but that is the only thing in the circut that can cause the fuse to blow and I checked it with out the fan in and I get voltage on both low stage and high stage. I guess the turbo heated up the fan motor and caused some damage. I had a heat blanket over the exhaust housing and never had a problem, then I took it off and drove around for a few weeks and now this. I want to go to the track real soon but I have to put another fan in first. It kinda sucks because I have to trim the fan stroud to get it to fit in there. lol So I have to take a new fan and hack it up. hahahaha Well if you're ever at Gearheads holla at me I just live about 5 minutes away..

"SLOW STREET CAR"

Mods:

Turbocharged
9 Sec. Slow Street Car
Dan03mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 02:26 AM   #15
Dan03mach
Spool'n UP

Are you ever going to put a blower or something on your Mach? I love the turbo on my car. It is making around 630rwhp and pump gas and it starting to feel pretty slow to me. Even when I crank it up to over 700rwhp it doesn't feel all that fast. The turbo is a totally different feeling then the N20 was. Right now I'm maxed out at 20-21psi due to wastegate spring. I got another spring coming so hopefully I can make about 24psi and add another 100rwhp.

"SLOW STREET CAR"

Mods:

Turbocharged
9 Sec. Slow Street Car
Dan03mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 04:31 PM   #16
OrangeMach

I'm here. What's happening?

04 Comp Orange w/IUP 5spd.
DOB: 1/12/04
Adopted: 4/24/04