2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Engine & Drivetrain (Including trans & rear axles)

Old 11-15-2010, 11:41 PM   #26
SpeedofSoundN2O
Snake Bitten

Re: race coming up have a question about axles

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattfast View Post
me too racing fwd my whole life and using ebrake and most mine was auto and you can lite up better with it. you should get the rear brake bypass they make for rwd and can rev and launch wherver you want and dont break axels.
WTF are you talking about???? smoke much crack lately

2008 Vista Blue Shelby GT500....lots of mods

2003 TR-Mach 1, 6 speed...too many mods to be slow, too much money spent to be fast! -SOLD but will forever be remembered!

"People say you can abuse marijuana. You can abuse cheeseburgers. Does that mean we should close Burger Kings." – Joe Rogan
SpeedofSoundN2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 11:43 PM   #27
SpeedofSoundN2O
Snake Bitten

fact of the matter is if you upgrade axles and nothing else, the break will happen at the next weakest link which is usually the spider gears in the diff.

either do the whole rear, or do not do anything!!!

2003 TR-Mach 1, 6 speed...too many mods to be slow, too much money spent to be fast! -SOLD but will forever be remembered!

"People say you can abuse marijuana. You can abuse cheeseburgers. Does that mean we should close Burger Kings." – Joe Rogan
Old 11-19-2010, 07:22 AM   #28
jw last

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach828 View Post
Even if you put Moser 28s in, and launch on sticky tires. Your gonna have one wheel spinnin in no time. Stock diff's suck. Just run street tires until you can afford to get the 31 spline diff and axles together. A locker would be your best bet but the cobra one with carbon clutches is a good inexpensive diff.
Ok, so who to buy the 31 spline diif and axles from? Who has the best price, customer service, etc?

JT
Old 11-19-2010, 07:51 AM   #29
littlemags
finally paid for

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw last View Post
Ok, so who to buy the 31 spline diif and axles from? Who has the best price, customer service, etc?

JT
i have ford motosports....and 31 spline carrier from ford.
826rwhp/720 trq -100 shot NX
9.13@154 on 100 shot
NEW- in progress...
littlemags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 07:57 AM   #30
SpeedofSoundN2O
Snake Bitten

Quote:

JT
Where? any place that sells em, thats where!

best customer service????? WTF
just start doing a search...try Summit Racing, or Jegs, or similar....
as far as the best price, why don't YOU do some searching to answer your own question our rear ends are done and the last time we all search for prices it was more than likely a few years ago...so why would we search for the best price for you, when you have access to the same internet that we all do!!We already told you what you need, now it is up to you to search for deals and buy the parts....Its called self help people, try it......

****, I gonna start going Wild Bill on some peeps

Old 11-19-2010, 08:58 AM   #31
Scott McClure
Mach1 member

People need to start doing their own leg work and stop looking for someone to hold their hand.............

2003 Mach 1 Whipple 2.3 718 rwhp 735 rwtq @25 psi SOLD
Scott McClure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 09:57 AM   #32
jw last

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedofSoundN2O View Post
Where? any place that sells em, thats where!

best customer service????? WTF
just start doing a search...try Summit Racing, or Jegs, or similar....
as far as the best price, why don't YOU do some searching to answer your own question our rear ends are done and the last time we all search for prices it was more than likely a few years ago...so why would we search for the best price for you, when you have access to the same internet that we all do!!We already told you what you need, now it is up to you to search for deals and buy the parts....Its called self help people, try it......

****, I gonna start going Wild Bill on some peeps
Sorry, thought I'd get some feedback from folks who have modded and might be willing to share a recommendation. Thought thats why these forums existed.

Off to RPM Outlet...........thanks for the help.

Last edited by jw last; 11-19-2010 at 11:27 AM.
jw last is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 11:04 AM   #33
weaver
mustangs rule

Quote:
Sorry, thought I'd get some feedback from folks who have modded and might be willing to share a recommendation. Thought thats why these forums existed.

I'll consider myself sufficently

Off to RPM Outlet...........thanks for the help.
WOOOOOOH STOP STOP STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT GO TO RPM OUTLET!!!!!

That is unless you want to get ripped off.

Some may say they haven't had problems but if you do it will be bad. Don't say you weren't warned.

Do a search on them. Go to BBB. You will not like what you see.

I made the mistake of using them and got ripped off. They only returned a portion of my money. They lied about sending a check for the amount and after repeated phone calls and getting hung up on I knew I was taken for a ride. It was only $15 but it's still stealing.
weaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 11:12 AM   #34
jw last

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaver View Post
WOOOOOOH STOP STOP STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT GO TO RPM OUTLET!!!!!

That is unless you want to get ripped off.

Some may say they haven't had problems but if you do it will be bad. Don't say you weren't warned.

Do a search on them. Go to BBB. You will not like what you see.

I made the mistake of using them and got ripped off. They only returned a portion of my money. They lied about sending a check for the amount and after repeated phone calls and getting hung up on I knew I was taken for a ride. It was only $15 but it's still stealing.
Thanks Weaver. You just proved my point. Mutual support is what its all about.............some people get it.

Thanks for having my back
Old 11-19-2010, 11:38 AM   #35
SpeedofSoundN2O
Snake Bitten

Quote:
Thanks Weaver. You just proved my point. Mutual support is what its all about.............some people get it.

Thanks for having my back
come on now there big guy...get off it already!! whether or not you know it, I am one of the a$$holes that have all the knowledge you need and that help as much as possible, but at some point someone has to learn to help themselves too we can only hold you hand for soo long.
just so that you GET it let me paint an example for you....
your reply, instead of asking "Ok, so who to buy the 31 spline diff and axles from? Who has the best price, customer service, etc?"
you should have looked around at common places like ebay, Summit Racing, Jegs, etc....found your best price and THEN came in here and said "hey guys, thanks for the help. I LOOKED around for parts and found *insert info here*....do you guys think this is a good deal and is the company OK to deal with?"

THAT my friend is how the whole thing should have went down!! If you fail to see that then maybe YOU are the one you needs to SEE MY proved point!!

see now, its all making sense huh........

Old 11-19-2010, 11:51 AM   #36
jw last

Quote:
come on now there big guy...get off it already!! whether or not you know it, I am one of the a$$holes that have all the knowledge you need and that help as much as possible, but at some point someone has to learn to help themselves too we can only hold you hand for soo long.
just so that you GET it let me paint an example for you....
your reply, instead of asking "Ok, so who to buy the 31 spline diff and axles from? Who has the best price, customer service, etc?"
you should have looked around at common places like ebay, Summit Racing, Jegs, etc....found your best price and THEN came in here and said "hey guys, thanks for the help. I LOOKED around for parts and found *insert info here*....do you guys think this is a good deal and is the company OK to deal with?"

THAT my friend is how the whole thing should have went down!! If you fail to see that then maybe YOU are the one you needs to SEE MY proved point!!

see now, its all making sense huh........
Since you're "one of the a$$holes that have all the knowledge I need and that help as much as possible" please give me with your advice on who would be the best to deal with for the diff purchase issue.

At least Weaver steered me away from RPM Outlet, I've only gotten s**t from you and I don't even know you...........and you're off my Christmas card list.

Lets get this back on topic.......

Thanks

JT
Old 11-19-2010, 11:53 AM   #37
SpeedofSoundN2O
Snake Bitten

LOLOL...you crack me up...do you read my posts????

I will say it a third time.....

E B A Y <--best deal
or
S U M M I T R A C I N G
or
J E G ' S

jeeze....

Old 11-19-2010, 12:01 PM   #38
jw last

Quote:
LOLOL...you crack me up...do you read my posts????

I will say it a third time.....

E B A Y <--best deal
or
S U M M I T R A C I N G
or
J E G ' S

jeeze....
Thanks bud, that was easy...................plus it was too much fun keeping you spun up.

You're back on my Christmas card list..................
Attached Images

Old 11-19-2010, 12:05 PM   #39
SpeedofSoundN2O
Snake Bitten

Quote:
Thanks bud, that was easy...................
LOL...no problem

Old 11-19-2010, 12:08 PM   #40
SpeedofSoundN2O
Snake Bitten

DO NOT buy used...Buy new only! Lots of good deals for new ones on ebay...and you can also use the Cobra diffs with carbon clutches too, good luck, let us know what you find

Old 11-20-2010, 12:41 AM   #41
japan4racing
not builted

Wow this thread got interesting! Anyhow, I didnt get around to getting any thing at all. So Im gonna run on my street tires. To be honest with you Ive just been running this car out pretty far in the rpms when I race. Im gonna try to shift sooner and see what happens. I keep forgetting this aint no honda and it dont keep making power the more you rev it. so what are you guys thinking? maybe 6700-6500-6300? mods in sig I got 4.10s as well
2004 Torch Red Mach 1 - C&L cai, Kooks longtubes, Kooks o/r x-pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Roy's 1/2" spacer, FRPP aluminum d/s, FRPP 4.10's, FRPP billet F/W, Ram HDX, MGW orange handle, H&R Super Sports
japan4racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 10:48 AM   #42
L.T. Smash

i like americanmuscle.com, good prices, same day free shipping, there's also a 5% discount code somewhere on this forum
comp cams 106100
LTs, Prochamber, catback
built rear with 4.30s
accufab TB, alum ds, Roush shifter
AFS wheels, Nitto tires, Eibach springs
L.T. Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 11:04 AM   #43
jw last

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.T. Smash View Post
i like americanmuscle.com, good prices, same day free shipping, there's also a 5% discount code somewhere on this forum

Thanks, thats were I'm going..........AM has the Ford Racing 31 spline 8.8 for $265, Moser axles for $280.

Cheap insurance to keep from possibly coming home from the track on the back of a tow truck.
Old 11-20-2010, 11:17 AM   #44
jw last

BTW, can anybody point me in the right direction to find the AmericanMuscle 5% Discount Code.

I did a site search and could find references to the fact it exists and a broken link.

Thanks

JT

Last edited by jw last; 11-20-2010 at 02:12 PM.
jw last is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 02:53 PM   #45
L.T. Smash

MACH1R7308

it's under the "accessories - non performance" section

im lookin to buy the exact same items with the line loc, should make for some good burnouts :THUMBSUP:
comp cams 106100
LTs, Prochamber, catback
built rear with 4.30s
accufab TB, alum ds, Roush shifter
AFS wheels, Nitto tires, Eibach springs
L.T. Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 04:38 PM   #46
mattfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by japan4racing View Post
Wow this thread got interesting! Anyhow, I didnt get around to getting any thing at all. So Im gonna run on my street tires. To be honest with you Ive just been running this car out pretty far in the rpms when I race. Im gonna try to shift sooner and see what happens. I keep forgetting this aint no honda and it dont keep making power the more you rev it. so what are you guys thinking? maybe 6700-6500-6300? mods in sig I got 4.10s as well
yes with street tire shift sooner or you spin thats what i like about fwd but i have been shifting at about 7000 in 3 and 4 th ans not spin the tires. i would say with 410s you shouldnt worry about breaking anything if you rev more in 3 and 4 gear. when i raced my eclipse i would feather the clutch till 3 or 4rd gear. i still love racing those cars so much easy to get a holeshot
mattfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 04:53 PM   #47
japan4racing
not builted

I just got home from the track. What a great day! Beautiful weather and for it being as warm as it was the car ran pretty **** good! Times were as follows:

1st pass - 13.41@108.69 - 2.13 60'
2nd pass - 13.35@109.09 - 2.19 60'
3rd pass - 13.34@109.16 - 2.35 60'
4th pass - 13.34@109.5 - 2.27 60'
5th pass - 13.03@109.62 - 2.13 60'
6th and best pass - 12.95@109.82 - 2.04 60'

This was full weight 3635lbs with me in it and running on sumitomo htzrII's...I cant wait to get some sticky tires under this car!
2004 Torch Red Mach 1 - C&L cai, Kooks longtubes, Kooks o/r x-pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Roy's 1/2" spacer, FRPP aluminum d/s, FRPP 4.10's, FRPP billet F/W, Ram HDX, MGW orange handle, H&R Super Sports
Old 11-20-2010, 05:20 PM   #48
jw last

Quote:
Originally Posted by japan4racing View Post
I just got home from the track. What a great day! Beautiful weather and for it being as warm as it was the car ran pretty **** good! Times were as follows:

1st pass - 13.41@108.69 - 2.13 60'
2nd pass - 13.35@109.09 - 2.19 60'
3rd pass - 13.34@109.16 - 2.35 60'
4th pass - 13.34@109.5 - 2.27 60'
5th pass - 13.03@109.62 - 2.13 60'
6th and best pass - 12.95@109.82 - 2.04 60'

This was full weight 3635lbs with me in it and running on sumitomo htzrII's...I cant wait to get some sticky tires under this car!
How did you pick up over 4/10s as the day progressed?
Old 11-20-2010, 05:35 PM   #49
japan4racing
not builted

Quote:
when I ran the first time at noon it was kinda humid and the track sucked. my 12.95 was the last pass of the day at 3:05pm...temps were in the low 70's and humidity was dropping. Its only .16 better than my previous best at the same track. I was learning the car all day and if I had ran once more it may have gone faster as it was cooling off and the track was getting better. I dropped 2 tenths off my previous 1/8th and gained 2mph in the 1/8th as well! A fellow m1r member was there and his last pass was a record breaker! I got it on video and Im sure you will be hearing from him about it! According to the current 1/4 mile times list he is the fastest n/a mach that is on the list!
Old 11-20-2010, 11:25 PM   #50
st0ck Mach 1
not for long

Quote:
Look at his 60 ft times
BB/S 324 kooks sully accufab cams heads valves bs3 ls1coils sully rails aeromotive regulator Weldon pump 8gal cell batt in trunk tko500(faceplated) spool upr k foxbody spindles metco upper an lowers 502rwhp.
st0ck Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote