2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Technical Q&A. HOW TO's, TSB's & Warranty Items

Technical Q&A. HOW TO's, TSB's & Warranty Items Have a Problem? Technical Questions & Answers. HOW TO's & TSB's, Warranty Issues

Old 01-29-2004, 07:24 PM   #1
Mustangdude
Orange Peel

Paint

I just got back my Mach. I had to take it back to the dealer to repair several flaws I found in the paint. There was a bubble on the driver's side door, something on the clear coat on the fender, and some on the bumper which had come off. The bodyshop had it 2 days and it looked great when I first drove up. Upon closer inspection, I found two places on the hood where it looked like they had laid a tool and scratched the paint down the metal. :!!: First the bodyshop manager tried to tell me it was a rock chip. I told him it was not there when I brought it in and it only 350 miles on it. They are going to fix it next week but that means a couple more days I will be without it. I am very frustrated. I realize I am being picky about it but I believe they should make it right since they screwed it up in the first place.

Thanks for letting me vent. Has anyone else had problems with the paint on their Machs? Should I be concerned that the paint applied at the bodyshop may not wear the same or may look differently with time than the factory paint? I have only had it a couple of weeks and 250 miles came from dealer trading it from another dealer across the state.

Rob Hill
04 Competition Orange 5 speed w/ IUP
Mustangdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 02:06 AM   #2
03 DOHC Mach
Member ID #1901

I had a problem like yours. They fixed some paint flaws but left some overspray elsewhere. So they ended up fixing that too. It happens.
*Built on 05/22/2003
03 DOHC Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 11:36 PM   #3
Rooster

Talking red is bthe rod

we all now Red is the true Rod
Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 12:07 PM   #4
moveit

No, I haven't had a problem with the paint, but when I got my car, there was a very slight ding in it that my husband saw. I didn't see it, but then again, he practically pulls out a magnifying glass to inspect our vehicles whenever it goes in or comes out of the shop. Needless to say, they made an appointment to fix it (couldn't be done that day). It took them about an hour, and they had to take my car apart to do it, but they fixed it and detailed my car for the trouble (I live about an hour away from the dealership).

Jennifer
moveit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 05:00 AM   #5
fjt226
Hooked on Mach

My 03 DSG is now exhibiting the dreaded paint separation and pin holes on the hood. Service appointed made. We will see what happens. Hopefully they 1. won't fight with me over it and just fix it and 2. manage to repaint the hood the same color as the rest of the car.

08 Shelby GT 500, 6 sp, Vapor Clearcoat Metallic
04 Mach 1, Screaming Yellow, 5 sp, IUP
70 Mach 1, R model, 428CJ, 4 sp
70 Mach 1, current project, 351 Ford Racing Crate Motor, 4sp

Oh yeah, and
05 Excursion
99 Ranger

Former rides:
03 Mach 1, DSG Met, 5sp, IUP
66 Mustang, White, 289, auto
00 Expedition
79 F-350 Supercab