2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Engine & Drivetrain (Including trans & rear axles)

Old 10-22-2011, 10:54 AM   #1
bikeman

Dream come true.

I own an '03 mach-1. And I have a chance to purchase. a terminator short block and supercharger out of '03 cobra. Darn near everthing except the heads. At a price I cant pass up.
My question is wat will I need to do or puchase for a swap like this. Any input would be awsome.
bikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 01:33 PM   #2
ASMACH

Re: Dream come true.

If it has all the accessories and sensors you will probly need all of the supercharger cooling system stuf, a cobra or lightning maf, a pigtail for the electric water pump and alternator.... im sure there's more but there's a start for you
Black 03 Mach 1 IUP. MMR 900sb 8.5:1 Eaton swapped JLT RAI, MAC Prochamber, SSS Terminator catback, MGW Shifter, MM Coilovers & Panhard Bar, 4.10's, X3 tune by Amazonracing, Pro Motion 3650, 04 Cobra Clutch, and SPEC Alum Flywheel

Last edited by ASMACH; 10-22-2011 at 01:33 PM. Reason: spelling
ASMACH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 06:29 PM   #3
Bmeagher

Make sure the front cover/crank pulley are included too.
SAE 378RWHP ,302 ft/lbs
70-120mph run
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hqjiOeYWAE
Bmeagher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 12:13 AM   #4
bikeman

I get the short block, whipple charger,all the march pulleys, coil packs,4 different sized blower pulleys?
I would like to keep the car in matching #s. Trying to get any and all input. Like do ineed super charged cams, or will my heads work the way they are.
I'm not looking for 1000hp, i will be happy with breaking 500hp and lbs ft.
I'm trying to build a corner carver. Drag racing is not my thing. Plus I live in the mts of zanta cruz, on hwy 9, and hwy35. Hwy 35 has allices restuaruant.
its a screaming deal I can not pass up.
Thanks for the input so far. Its appreaciated.
Old 10-23-2011, 12:45 AM   #5
TRMach1
Once Bitten-Twice Shy

Just be careful that your dream doesn't become a nitemare! There's a lot more to it than just a block and a blower! As for your heads, they're eactly the same as the Cobra's.
Mach1Registry.com Member #7
MCA Member #52787
Nice to meet you, my name's Jim

03 Torch Red Mach 1, 5-speed, IUP
Sold on July 21st 2012!

2011 Shelby GT500, Ebony Black, Silver Stripes, 6-speed
550hp 510tq Purchased July 23, 2012!
TRMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 02:03 PM   #6
bleedingfordblu

Id rather have the aluminum block for corner carving

Stock bottom end/compression
Eaton M112
Stock upper
Stock lower
K&N intake
Built T56
Bassani mid length headers
Bassani catted x pipe
Bassani slash cut tip catback
Stock 03 Cobra IRS
18x9/10 Forgestar F14
Tuned by Chris Macduff at IMA motorsports
429hp 407 tq @ 7.5 lbs of boost
bleedingfordblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 07:15 PM   #7
bikeman

Smile Re: Dream come true.

I will retain my block but put the manley crank and connectinng rods. I got a friend that works with je pistons, so those r covered. Not putting used ones in my block.
I'm not going for anything crazy. I have put down m3's and new zo6 corvettes. I know the roads up here. Its my only advantage. My mach is bone stock besides a shifter. I thought the vett owner was gonna cry.I just need a bit more power.
as allways thanks for the input.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:03 PM   #8
4valve 4tw?

The aluminum block is a good idea, however if your really into handling look into a stroker motor. You're looking at probably close to 200 more lbs of weight with the blower, liquids and other things. All on the nose of the car. Just my opinion.

Ps your going to be hard pressed convincing me you can beat a c6 z06 on any road or track with him actually trying. Even with 500hp he should still mop the floor with you. Not to be the debby downer.
4valve 4tw? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:59 PM   #9
bikeman

The z06 owner is a good freind,the m3 owner is my brother.we all do track days at laguna seca, and auto cross quite a bit. They get upset because my mach-1 tends turn a faster lap. Its an anvil. I can hammer it all day. It also has a lot to do with the driver, my bro and freinds are awsome mechanics, I am not. I drive, maybe thats the key. Some can drive and others wrench.
All I know is once in a life time u find that one car were everthing clicks.my mach is that one car.
Old 10-25-2011, 12:21 AM   #10
XSELLR8
Mach-o-holic

You might want to read the August 2010 5.0 magazine article "Hybrid Theory." It's about a Mach 1 owner who did pretty much what you're looking at doing. He explains that the 03 Cobra has 2 IAT sensors. Our Mach 1s only have 1. It threw him through a loop until he figured it out. Good article.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeman View Post
I get the short block, whipple charger,all the march pulleys, coil packs,4 different sized blower pulleys?
I would like to keep the car in matching #s.
....keep the car numbers matching? How do you plan on doing this if you are putting the engine from another car in your Mach 1
4.10s too

2004 Cobra Screaming Yellow
2.3L Whipple

Gear install vid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJrAIDCpbDI
Clutch Replacement Vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFr0Rur_EWc
Wideband Install Vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmL1KBmWyhg

Last edited by XSELLR8; 10-25-2011 at 12:37 AM.
XSELLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 12:46 AM   #11
bikeman

Sorry, I should of said I'm going to keep my block and use the crank and conecting rods out of the 03 cobra. I don't know much about modular motors, I.e. wats interchagable or not.ii
That is why I asked the opinoins of the people here on the registry. So I can make more informed decisions for my goals with my car.
I have never not owned a mustang. But my oxford white 03. Hands down is my favorite. And for less than a grand, I can have every thing except the heads from out of the enginebayof the cobra. I'm the one that removed it all. Its in great condition with less than 40,000 on the cobra.
Old 10-25-2011, 01:35 PM   #12
na svt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeman View Post
Sorry, I should of said I'm going to keep my block and use the crank and conecting rods out of the 03 cobra. I don't know much about modular motors, I.e. wats interchagable or not.ii
That is why I asked the opinoins of the people here on the registry. So I can make more informed decisions for my goals with my car.
I have never not owned a mustang. But my oxford white 03. Hands down is my favorite. And for less than a grand, I can have every thing except the heads from out of the enginebayof the cobra. I'm the one that removed it all. Its in great condition with less than 40,000 on the cobra.

Put the eaton on the stock engine until it gives up, then rebuild it with Forged parts. BTW, your stock crank is the same as the one from a Cobra.
na svt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 03:08 PM   #13
dsmdavid

A centi blower would be a lot easier. You will still need the cobra intercooler and cooling pipes a lot of misc pieces that will tske time to find

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
dsmdavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 03:13 PM   #14
swoop1156
Parked again...

Congrats man!

Mach #238576
Modifications | Borla Stinger's | Painted C&L Intake | 15% Tint | Powdercoated Valve Covers | '01 Cobra Tails | '04 Cobra Mirrors | '01 Cobra Bumper | '01 Bullitt Skirts | FR500 Steering Wheel | MGW Shifter | 3/8" Spacer | IAC Restrictor | 17x9/10.5 Mach's | 275/315 Vredestein's | MM Subframe Connectors | Tokico D-Spec's | MM 4-Bolt C/C Plates | H&R Super Sport's |
Build Number | #6935 of 7182
swoop1156 is offline   Reply With Quote