2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

Old 11-28-2016, 01:16 AM   #1
fomoco69

Street cars not track cars

If you are nice to your mustang & drive it like a street car the transmission will work fine.....the Mach 1 's are awesome street cars .....I think there are alot of wanna be race car drivers who cant afford a GT-350R / Boss-302 to take to the track.....street racing is not a good idea
fomoco69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 02:40 AM   #2
Thunderbolt
And Leadfoot

Re: Street cars not track cars

I think it sets a bad example when you have a show like Street Outlaws that lets them street race and wreck their cars and nothing happens to them. No revoked license, impounded cars or anything.

Their's a huge pack of imports that street race around my area about 2am on weekends. I've come across them a couple times driving to work in my Mach. They drive like complete idiots. Goading any cars they come across.

I've only street raced once in my Mach. I had a bad day at work and this idiot wouldn't stop revving his fart pipe next to me. He ended up being a speck in my rear view mirror. I could have coasted after 2nd gear.

"She's An Underage Angel With A Dented Halo"-She Needs Rock n Roll---Motley Crue

Every now and then, say What The F***. What The F***, gives you freedom. With freedom comes opportunity. Opportunity, makes your future. If you can't say it.......you can't do it.----Miles
Thunderbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 06:21 AM   #3
NastyNate

There are street races in Oakland on 7th ave and that ish is just crazy! They line em up and and run the 1/4 they have set up.100's of cars! There are tons of youtube videos. Cops dont seem to even bother them as they have other stuff to tend to.
As far as Street outlaws are concerned Id hope that everyone knows by now that they aren't "street racing" and they get permits and close down roads to run.
NastyNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 07:34 AM   #4
4a7191a

Yeah it's obvious they're not street racing on that show. Hell the prep the road. Lol
Plus the lighting on the side of the road, stand by ambulance service.
I've street raced many of times when I was younger, even in the Mach.
Last time for me was in the evo. Killed a 727rwhp ctsv. Got pulled over. Two cops. They heard us. Open waste gates are loud. Lol
No ticket but yeah. Almost went to jail and I've got a kiddo I can't be in jail for stupid things so track only racing for me now on.

2001 svt lightning
2011 Mitsubishi Evo X
1999 F250 7.3L
4a7191a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 07:48 AM   #5
Thunderbolt
And Leadfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
As far as Street outlaws are concerned Id hope that everyone knows by now that they aren't "street racing" and they get permits and close down roads to run.

Is that just on a state by state basis, or can it be done everywhere? Nothing surprises me anymore. Pay money, don't pay money, just do what you want. Yet I get pulled over for chirping my tires at a stop sign. Good job, ociffer.

"She's An Underage Angel With A Dented Halo"-She Needs Rock n Roll---Motley Crue

Every now and then, say What The F***. What The F***, gives you freedom. With freedom comes opportunity. Opportunity, makes your future. If you can't say it.......you can't do it.----Miles
Old 11-28-2016, 01:19 PM   #6
ab_mach1
Lorraine's driver

From what I've seen online, I guess that road is in a very secluded spot with property owned by someone in the group. I've read that it's basically staged for the show. On the few episode I've seen, they are always getting in slappy fights with each other. I guess my testosterone levels are always on an even-keel, because I could never understand why anyone feels the need to fight over that crap LOL. I guess they are all a bunch of children that never became adults.
  • MGW short shifter w/comfort handle
  • Eibach Sportlines w/Koni STR.T's and Maximum Motorsports CC plates
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 01:44 PM   #7
Thunderbolt
And Leadfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by eruza View Post
They are always getting in slappy fights with each other. I guess they are all a bunch of children that never became adults.

Those are the things that make that show so stupid. They claim to be such hard core racers, yet when they have to race someone you can just tell from the look on their face that they're pissed when they get called out. Did you build a $100,000 race car to sit and stare at it? Then, what's with the petty-ante money they bet? $500? $1,000? I've spent that much betting on a Steeler game. Cough up a real bet.

Old 11-28-2016, 01:56 PM   #8
ab_mach1
Lorraine's driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt View Post
Those are the things that make that show so stupid. They claim to be such hard core racers, yet when they have to race someone you can just tell from the look on their face that they're pissed when they get called out. Did you build a $100,000 race car to sit and stare at it? Then, what's with the petty-ante money they bet? $500? $1,000? I've spent that much betting on a Steeler game. Cough up a real bet.
Haha I know right?! Seems hardly worth the trip for that low of winnings for the engines that will need to be taken apart after every few races and refreshed. Heck and new tires too.
  • MGW short shifter w/comfort handle
  • Eibach Sportlines w/Koni STR.T's and Maximum Motorsports CC plates
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 02:24 PM   #9
bluoval

I wish Street Outlaw star Big Chief Murillo 12x NMRA champion would go back into competitive NMRA racing again. Can't blame him for sticking with the show, prolly makes a lot more $$$$ doing that.
bluoval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 03:07 PM   #10
HAEG
Heppasketties

Hey was I the only watching last Monday when Shane crashed in the Vega and no body checked on BOB?
Its a decent show, it has it's BS parts like any other show. I enjoy the 4 to 5 second 1/8 mile pass that takes 30 seconds of air time from 5 different camera angles they have and the 70's car chase tire squealing sounds. Its all for show. I like the characters and think I would still watch the show without the street racing. I think Farmtruck and Azn are funny and could possible do there own show like a mix of TIM THE TOOL MAN MEETS THE MYTHBUSTERS. But to have a good safe drag race you need to take it to the track
M1R Member #1829
2011 Shelby GT-500 Grabber Blue
W/SVT Performance Package
Born on Friday, 6-25-2010
Purchased 8-19-2010

2003 Zinc Yellow Auto I/UP (Build #8280 of 9652)
Born on Thursday, 7/17/03
Purchased 8-18-2003 first owner
Sold 8-19-2010 bought GT500
Purchased again 3-3-2017 fifth owner
Purchased for my wife to drive (but she knows I love the car)
HAEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 10:16 PM   #11
fomoco69

Not enough officers on the road to enforce severe consequences.....like take away cell phones & impound vehicles.....they would learn real quick !
fomoco69 is offline   Reply With Quote