2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

Old 03-13-2006, 09:25 PM   #26
RCodeGrl
Mountain Mach

Re: Embarassing MACH1 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by machXLR8
...My only rant is that when you drive a fast car.. wheather you like it or not.. you have a reputation to uphold...
Goig forward, we'll be sure everyone who applies for purchase of a "fast car" has to interview with you first. I didn't realize it was an exclusive membership.
RCodeGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 10:10 PM   #27
Mr Scary
MachJunkie

I am a little confused on this...how can you be embarassed by cheering for someone and then finding out that they didn't drive the car as good as you thought they could? If I run a 14.00 or slower in my Mach, I fail to see any reason why anyone else should be embarassed. The guy probably would have been thrilled with ANY encouragement at all....and some from a fellow Mach owner would have been even better.

I don't have ANY reputation to uphold because I drive a Mach. I don't walk out to my car every day and tell myself " Well, I better be ready to street race any dumbazz out there because I have to uphold my car's reputation."
Mr Scary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 10:12 PM   #28
lilmachlady

He may have been just practicing his "SHIFTER" technique and did not want to beat on his car while trying to perfect his hand moves. Maybe, he had his Tremec replaced because of problems and was trying to establish the reliability of the new one.

If you were so concerned about it, you could have approached him and asked to help or offer advice. Rather, than slamming him in public on this forum. He may just be one of us and recognize himself and feel humiliated.

He probably just thinks you are a tool though.
lilmachlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 11:43 PM   #29
Chini42

Thumbs down Re: Embarassing MACH1 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by machXLR8
Wow, how touchy everybody is......... and No, I will not apologize. I would never make fun of anyone who was running with street tires and spinning at the launch. That I could understand. Yes you are all right... I spun a good portion of the 60' when I first went too BUT..... THIS GUY HAD DRAG RADIALS and a 5-speed!! It had nothing to do with his launch!!!! He shifted at 4000 rpms. I distinctively heard him from where I was standing. He could have done this maybe the first time or second to get used to the car.... but hell... it was all day. My only rant is that when you drive a fast car.. wheather you like it or not.. you have a reputation to uphold. That is all we need is those SRT-4 or STI guys saying how slow the MACH1 is. This just goes along with owning something with a heritage. On the other hand it was embarrassing for me because I was cheering this guy on to other members of the car club I belong to. We were all there together. I kept telling everyone to watch this car go and then .....bam.... nothing. It seemed like my gradma was driving. Ohh well.. say what you want, but I do have a point. I believe I am fair though, because someone just recently on this forum went to the track and posted his runs. The guy did excellent and I acknowledged it. I gave him every attaboy I could.

I agree with everyone else. My first time at the track, I never saw a 13s pass. If he was shifting at 4k as you said, why are you bashing? Obviously he is just getting into the powerband, so the ET's are gonna suck. Maybe the car/motor wasn't broken in. Maybe he's never been to a drag strip. Maybe alot of other things. The SRT-4 comment doesnt really apply either. If your ever in Toledo and run into a Glass City SRT-4, you will change your veiw of them very quickly. These guys and girls can easily put 400 to the wheels and cut 11s ET's. I work at a dyno and they are regular's there as well as at the track. Whenever we get together my low 13s Mach is by far the slowest out of at least 10 SRT's.

288rwhp 307rwtq
Chini42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 11:45 PM   #30
LUCKYMACH
Be kind of afraid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmachlady
He may just be one of us and recognize himself and feel humiliated. He probably just thinks you are a tool though.
I hope that he does NOT feel humiliated. There is not a single post here that is in agreement with the person that started the thread to slam him.
Let me check again - nope, still not anyone in agreement with him.
What does that say???
LUCKYMACH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 01:57 PM   #31
AMUZED3437

I think we're missing the whole point of this guy's post. His grandmother drives a 5-speed Fiat. That's cool... Those cars are cool...

'04 Competition Orange Auto - SOLD
01/13/06- 12.553 @ 107.05 with 1.694 60'
Bests: 60' 1.694 ET 12.553 MPH 108.03 (just not all together)
Mods: Converter, manual valvebody w/brake, catted Magnaflow exhaust, Meziere WP, JLT RAI, 4.10's, 275 Nitto DRs, Custom chip by Strictly Performance, full weight - sway bar.
AMUZED3437 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 02:34 PM   #32
DTMach1
semi-pro moderator

So I ask this threads starter the question again...what's your best E.T.?

2004 Mach 1
IUP/5spd/DSG
Engine, etc done...sits in the garage
DTMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 02:56 PM   #33
Lonestar7777

Folks its about fun and racing is just that. Learn to respect people at the track and earn your bones. You have to learn and this reputation of the car is just plain BS. Life is about learning and that was what this guy was doing so help teach of get out of his way I say! No flames just be kind and have some respect.
Lonestar7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 03:00 PM   #34
Drenath

From his profile:

Best 1/4 Mile Time:
13.21 (Stock)
Best 1/4 Mile MPH (Speed):
106.2 (Stock)
Old 03-14-2006, 08:13 PM   #35
spanky192

constant 14s is pretty bad. i learned stick on my mach and i took it to the track after 3 weeks and got a best of 13.611 out of 4 runs. but hey, i'be been playing guitar for 5 years and still suck ***
spanky192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 08:33 PM   #36
Machofmanhattan
Rex R

I don't know if i'll be able to sleep tonight if those SRT-4 owners arn't holding my car in high esteem. Lets face it- I was running consistant poor (13.7s-13.9s) for a while, and i'm sure i have had a couple of 14 second passes. Now my car is easily capable of 12s and I'm still nowhere close (13.4). I bet the guy was having a good time and doing something he enjoyed- just like I do when I go to the track- regardless if there are people out there talking smack out of ear range. I say give the guy some tips, shoot the sh*t and have a fun and safe time at the track!

Gone but not Forgotten:
2008 JSB Corvette Z06 526rwhp/492rwtq (H/C/E)
2003 TR Mach 1 492rwhp/434rwtq (Procharged 8psi)
2003 AB Mach 1 438rwhp/490rwtq (100 NX Shot)
Machofmanhattan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 08:41 PM   #37
badappl

Sounds like a pretty good bracket racer to me with those consistant times

Some perddy stuff 'n some go fast stuff 'n some handlin' stuff
badappl is offline   Reply With Quote