2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

Old 05-24-2007, 04:58 PM   #1
JDraper
On Permanant Vacation

Oh fer cryin' out loud...

Someone needs to b**ch slap the lawyer and the father.......He was TWO times the legal limit fer cryin' out loud!!!

Oh no!..my son COULDN'T be at fault....
18 Ford Explorer XLT
17 Mustang GT/CS Convertible
16 Fusion SE AWD Ecoboost
10 Fusion SE V6
66 289 Mustang Hardtop Restomod
JDraper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 05:00 PM   #2
birdman941
Torque wins!

Re: Oh fer cryin' out loud...

Freaking stupid.
He was drunk driving and he died.
Should be the end of the story.
Lawyer who FILED the suit should be disbarred and imprisoned.

5.4 32V NA
Streetable 404/387 26.56 MPG

"I don't like repeat offenders,
I like DEAD offenders" Ted Nugent

"A big engine hardly working is more efficient
than a little engine screaming its head off" Jay Leno
birdman941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 05:04 PM   #3
machgsxr

Authorities said the 29-year pitcher had a blood content of nearly twice the legal limit for alcohol in his system when he crashed into the back of the tow truck. He was also speeding, using a cell phone and wasn't wearing a seat belt, Police Chief Joe Mokwa said after the accident. Marijuana also was found in the SUV.

F-that. His father and the lawyer need to go climb up another tree. THat shiat is just not right. If they win this case it shows how screwed up our people and courts have become. That is just plain nonsense.
machgsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 05:10 PM   #4
65fastback2+2
Too many cars to mod

sadly...they'll most likely win against the bar....though they wont have a case against the tow truck and stalled car.

Previous Rides:
2003 DSG Lightning, 486/586, 12.09@111.25
2007 F150 Lariat 4wd Screw
2004 OW Mach 1, auto, 1 of 179
2003 DSG Mach 1, 574 rwhp / 528 rwtq
2003 DSG Mach 1, 13.1 @ 109.1
1988 Mustang GT, stock
1967 TB Coupe, project
1965 Fastback 2+2, A-code
65fastback2+2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 05:23 PM   #5
StangIT
I smell burning rubber!

Quote:
Originally Posted by machgsxr View Post
Authorities said the 29-year pitcher had a blood content of nearly twice the legal limit for alcohol in his system when he crashed into the back of the tow truck. He was also speeding, using a cell phone and wasn't wearing a seat belt, Police Chief Joe Mokwa said after the accident. Marijuana also was found in the SUV.

CASE CLOSED!
StangIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 05:27 PM   #6
71mach103

How typical of society nowadays. Don't admit guilt, don't even THINK that you might, just MIGHT be wrong. Spend all your time pointing the finger at someone else, trying to blame someone else for YOUR mistake. It's sad that the guy died, no doubt. But to blame everyone else is nothing short of pathetic. He made a mistake...several by the sounds of it. Happens to everyone. Unfortunately it cost him his life, but how his father and that lawyer can even conceive of this is mind numbing.
71mach103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 05:44 PM   #7
Awd This
Got boost?

Wow thats amazing. Why don't they sue all the company's that make alcoholic beverages and the government for making it available why they are at it.
450rwhp 417rwtq
Awd This is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 06:04 PM   #8
Firebreed05
Certified Goat Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awd This View Post
Wow thats amazing. Why don't they sue all the company's that make alcoholic beverages and the government for making it available why they are at it.
......and the SUV maker for not providing enough safety features for his son to survive the high speed collision, and the state for not making the roads wide enough for him to have room to go around the tow truck, and the gas station for providing his son with fuel, and the residents of the area for being in the vicinity of the crash................

I hope the judge throws both the dad and his lawyer out on their heads. This rates up there in the top 10 most stupid law suits I've ever heard of. I mean, come on........the driver of the stalled car is at fault for his son being stupid, overly intoxicated, and devoid of common sense??? If lawyers have their way, pretty soon no one will be responsible for anything that they do.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:16 PM   #9
Aerowrench

Money and fame have no bearing on the difficulty of removing yourself from the Gene pool.
Not a Darwin Award candidate, but definately an Honorable mention...

Now if I was the Tow truck owner, I'd be suing for a shiny new F450 Powerstroke!
Old 05-24-2007, 07:43 PM   #10
bris09

If what was said about the Resturaunt is true than they are liable by law. The towtruck driver and driver of the stalled car no way. If I remember correctly the truck had it's lights on and he changed lanes then struck the truck.
Enough to not be the slowest, but nowhere near enough to be the fastest.

17 Fusion Sport
Now faster than the Mach

96 Laser Red Cobra Vert
For those days you just wanna cruise with the top down

89 Shelby CSX
Still rocking the VNT and Fiberides.
bris09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 08:05 PM   #11
RightTime
Gone shootin

Daddy has to replace that meal ticket somehow!

Last edited by RightTime; 05-24-2007 at 08:06 PM. Reason: .
RightTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 08:29 PM   #12
Fastbandit99
Back in Black

As for the lawyer I have a few fire ant beds that I would like to strap his @#$ on. I failed to buy any over and out this year and man those things have made a comeback.
Fastbandit99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 08:36 PM   #13
ShebMach1

The only way I would give sympathy is if another party was involved, and it would not be for the driver.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:13 PM   #14
Bigal1067

Cool Re: Oh fer cryin' out loud...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bris09 View Post
If what was said about the Resturaunt is true than they are liable by law. The towtruck driver and driver of the stalled car no way. If I remember correctly the truck had it's lights on and he changed lanes then struck the truck.
Just curious why the bar/restaurant woud be liable by law? I mean he's over 18yrs old, an adult, paying for his own drinks. Why would the restaurant be at fault because some guy, whoever he might be, ordered to many drinks?
I'm not saying your wrong, I just want to know what the law says and why it would fault the restaurant.
Bigal1067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 03:56 AM   #15
65fastback2+2
Too many cars to mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigal1067 View Post
Just curious why the bar/restaurant woud be liable by law? I mean he's over 18yrs old, an adult, paying for his own drinks. Why would the restaurant be at fault because some guy, whoever he might be, ordered to many drinks?
I'm not saying your wrong, I just want to know what the law says and why it would fault the restaurant.
They have a duty to refuse to serve intoxicated persons.

Previous Rides:
2003 DSG Lightning, 486/586, 12.09@111.25
2007 F150 Lariat 4wd Screw
2004 OW Mach 1, auto, 1 of 179
2003 DSG Mach 1, 574 rwhp / 528 rwtq
2003 DSG Mach 1, 13.1 @ 109.1
1988 Mustang GT, stock
1967 TB Coupe, project
1965 Fastback 2+2, A-code
65fastback2+2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 06:59 AM   #16
03mach69mach
Ford Guy

When you get your car insurance premium or business general liability insurance premium and want to know why it is so freakin' high, this is why. The insurance companies for all those named in the suit now have to hire defense counsel to answer the complaint & defend the insured's (tow co., restaurant etc). And I am sure that defense counsel is not pullin down the minimum wage

This is an example of why states need to pass laws where loosers pay for frivilous lawsuits. You can sue, but if you loose, you foot the entire defense bill for the people you sue. It might (key word) might stop some of this stuff.

The father needs to go home and greive for his lost son & pray for those businesses & other people his son drew into this situation by being reckless, thoughtless & stupid in his actions. I will get off the soap box now.
1988 White LX 5.0 Convertible SOLD
2000 White Taurus SE 3.0 SOLD
2001 BMW 330i SOLD
2002 Harley F150 5.4 Supercharged
2003 Azure Blue Mach 1 4.6 DOHC
2003 Lincoln Town Car 4.6 SOHC
2011 Infiniti G37xS 3.7 DOHC
03mach69mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 08:51 AM   #17
71mach103

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightTime View Post
Daddy has to replace that meal ticket somehow!

:THUMBSUP: hit the nail on the head right there
71mach103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 09:18 AM   #18
01TruBluGT

Well I hate to play devil's advocate here but there are a few things to consider.

As for the tow truck driver and the driver of the stalled car, I feel sorry for them but again we don't know all of the facts as to where they were on the road, how they made it clear they were on the road ect. Just for example lets say they were right around a curve did not put out flares and were taking up a majority of the road. Take the drunk driving out of the picture and if anyone else would have been killed by not being able to see them soon enough to stop, then not one person in the world would have a problem with the family suing them. I have seen my fare share of people with broken down cars just sitting on the highway middle of the night and not having the foresite to turn on their hazzards and make it plain as day they were there. I have also seen careless tow drivers hog up enitre lanes of traffic and still let half of their truck go into the lane of oncomming traffic for no other reason than them being too lazy to want to push the car a bit into a safer position.

As for the bar owners, yes by law they are responsible. They had a duty to refuse to serve him drinks if he appeared intoxicated. Yes I know he was a grown man and it is his responsibility to know when to say when but none the less. To look at it another way, lets say your 17 year old kid goes over to a friends house and the friends great parents provide alcohol for your kid. On the way home your kid dies in a car wreck would you not be blaming the parents that gave them the alcohol?
01TruBluGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 09:48 AM   #19
Uloset
Fastest Mach 1 Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 View Post
They have a duty to refuse to serve intoxicated persons.
Yea and it is the worst law ever I hate having to deal with it every time I work at the bar. To drink you have to be 21 which makes you old enough to vote, join the military, handle deadly weapons, be on a jury and even run for certain political offices. But when the same person goes out drinking the bartender's have to baby-sit them or their *** gets nail because some idiot doesn't know when to stop. Plus this is very hard to control at crowded events. The business I work at also caters weddings and believe me it is hard to stop someone from drinking when his or her friends can just come up and get another round for em.

I have a problem every time I pull up to some ricer a strange buzzing noise comes from behind me, any clue what it could be?
Uloset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 10:47 AM   #20
2k4mk1
Lakers beat our butts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uloset View Post
Yea and it is the worst law ever I hate having to deal with it every time I work at the bar.
Same thing applies if you host a party at your house and I attend and get all shitty and leave get in a wreck and take someone out. guess who would be named in the lawsuit. You the party host. Our society has become faultless. as in it wasnt my fault so n so made me do it.

I agree case should be tossed out but most likely he will get a butt load o cash and the real responsible party is already in the ground

04 Oxford White
5 Spd with IUP
K&N Aircharger
Borla Stingers
SLP Catted X
Steeda Tri-Ax
SCT flash tune.
Drilled/Slotted rotors all 4 corners.
283rwhp (Mustang Dyno)
306rwhp (sae on Dynojet)
D/O/B 12-05-03
Del. 01-21-04
2k4mk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 12:14 AM   #21
Bigal1067

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01TruBluGT View Post
Well I hate to play devil's advocate here but there are a few things to consider.

As for the tow truck driver and the driver of the stalled car, I feel sorry for them but again we don't know all of the facts as to where they were on the road, how they made it clear they were on the road ect. Just for example lets say they were right around a curve did not put out flares and were taking up a majority of the road. Take the drunk driving out of the picture and if anyone else would have been killed by not being able to see them soon enough to stop, then not one person in the world would have a problem with the family suing them. I have seen my fare share of people with broken down cars just sitting on the highway middle of the night and not having the foresite to turn on their hazzards and make it plain as day they were there. I have also seen careless tow drivers hog up enitre lanes of traffic and still let half of their truck go into the lane of oncomming traffic for no other reason than them being too lazy to want to push the car a bit into a safer position.

As for the bar owners, yes by law they are responsible. They had a duty to refuse to serve him drinks if he appeared intoxicated. Yes I know he was a grown man and it is his responsibility to know when to say when but none the less. To look at it another way, lets say your 17 year old kid goes over to a friends house and the friends great parents provide alcohol for your kid. On the way home your kid dies in a car wreck would you not be blaming the parents that gave them the alcohol?
I'm sorry but you cannot compare an adult giving a 17yr old alcohol with a grown man, a professional athlete going to a bar and paying for a bunch of drinks. no where does it mention that he looked intoxicated or was soooooo out of control he was TRASHED and could hardly walk. i was young once and stupidly have driven intoxicated... with noone even noticing i was to drunk to drive. i wouldnt, couldn't and would not be happy whether i'm up there or down there if my father did what this man is doing. he's trying to ruin another person's, maybe several peoples lives just for vengeance for this accident. preventable yes, but an accident... if he was intoxicated or not, it was a terrible accident.
Bigal1067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 01:15 AM   #22
matab14
pop up and do less....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigal1067 View Post
I'm sorry but you cannot compare an adult giving a 17yr old alcohol with a grown man, a professional athlete going to a bar and paying for a bunch of drinks. no where does it mention that he looked intoxicated or was soooooo out of control he was TRASHED and could hardly walk. i was young once and stupidly have driven intoxicated... with noone even noticing i was to drunk to drive. i wouldnt, couldn't and would not be happy whether i'm up there or down there if my father did what this man is doing. he's trying to ruin another person's, maybe several peoples lives just for vengeance for this accident. preventable yes, but an accident... if he was intoxicated or not, it was a terrible accident.
+++ AGREE!!! Im so tired of people in today's society over analyzing and tryin to find every possible measure to blame some one else for their mistakes. They are alot of good points provided in previous post and I really feel that this lawsuit is complete BS......It just hard to feel sorry for some one who was intoxicated and driving.

2006 F150 SUPERCREW XLT 4X4
2.5" Lift
18x9 Moto Metal 951 Wheels
325/60/18 Nitto Grappelers

**SOLD**

2004 Comepition Orange
5 Speed w/ IUP
DOB: JAN 23 2004
matab14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 01:30 PM   #23
Aerowrench

(moral) Duty and Law are two entirely different things. That Restaurant isn't responsible for that loser's character flaws. Nobody forced him to drink, nobody forced him to drive. HE is responsible for his own actions.
Old 05-27-2007, 01:47 PM   #24
bris09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerowrench View Post
(moral) Duty and Law are two entirely different things. That Restaurant isn't responsible for that loser's character flaws. Nobody forced him to drink, nobody forced him to drive. HE is responsible for his own actions.
I agree completely. Unfortunately the laws aren't written that way. I think its time to stop blaming judges and lawyers for these cases and go after the real problem. The laws and the people who write them. We blame lawyers for finding the loopholes, judges for having to rule by them but not the politician who put it there.
Enough to not be the slowest, but nowhere near enough to be the fastest.

17 Fusion Sport
Now faster than the Mach

96 Laser Red Cobra Vert
For those days you just wanna cruise with the top down

89 Shelby CSX
Still rocking the VNT and Fiberides.
bris09 is offline   Reply With Quote