2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

Old 06-22-2007, 02:55 PM   #76
SHKR281
USCG

Re: Crushed rice ????

Machths, you did a good job breaking down my post. I see where your coming from. We both think its extreme, but there has to be something done about it.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote. -Benjamin Franklin
SHKR281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 03:22 PM   #77
machths
Mach 1 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp3nis View Post
Machths, you did a good job breaking down my post. I see where your coming from. We both think its extreme, but there has to be something done about it.
Thank you. I don't think I'm an unreasonable person, and my opinions (which I know can be very strong and harsh at times) can be changed, if presented with a good argument. I, like many people, don't have all the answers, but I am definitely one who is, more often times than not, willing to try something different to see if there is a change for the better as long as it doesn't violate the Constitution. In this case, I agree with ya'll their cars are private property, but unfortunately, these "crimes" are being committed on public roads and endangering the public, therefore, I 'd be willing to take extreme measures to see it the activity will subside. The best part about this is, it's happening in one part of the country, so if it doesn't work, it doesn't affect the whole country, thereby causing more discussion and debate for a real solution.

1996 Laser Red Cobra
machths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 03:26 PM   #78
SHKR281
USCG

Haha at using SoCal as guinea pigs.

Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote. -Benjamin Franklin
Old 06-22-2007, 03:28 PM   #79
HAEG
Heppasketties

Quote:
Originally Posted by G View Post
When he got done listening we talked cars some and I took him for a short ride. He is no longer convinced about his ability to kill my GT. He kinda looked like the dog in Scott McClure's avatar. We never broke the law but he did get to feel the boost come on. It must be different than the mighty VW Golf because he got very quiet.
Funny that you feel you didn't break any laws.
I guess rapid accelaration/ contest of speed doesn't count.
M1R Member #1829
2011 Shelby GT-500 Grabber Blue
W/SVT Performance Package
Born on Friday, 6-25-2010
Purchased 8-19-2010

2003 Zinc Yellow Auto I/UP (Build #8280 of 9652)
Born on Thursday, 7/17/03
Purchased 8-18-2003 first owner
Sold 8-19-2010 bought GT500
Purchased again 3-3-2017 fifth owner
Purchased for my wife to drive (but she knows I love the car)
HAEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 03:30 PM   #80
SHKR281
USCG

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAEG View Post
O They count!! Haha, not as bad from a traffic light or stopping on the highway. But thats one mean total of tickets.

Old 06-22-2007, 03:41 PM   #81
Mikestang
Parrot Head

now what about guys that run from cops on there bikes this seems to be a popular thing among certain bike riders there are even web sites that are set up so you can accumulate points for out runing the cops

a few years ago a state trooper lost is life chasing a guy on a sport bike. while i personaly think the cop was stupid trying to catch a sport bike with a suv and was letting his ego think for him

but with that said i feel that if that guy was caught his bike do we al think his bike should be crushed ???????????

My good friend was a local cop he told me
" If you ever get pulled over and had a few just act lke a gentelman and call me we will work it out .......... IF you try to run from them dont even bother telling them you know me"
03 MACH1 Torch Red #274 Built 11/14/02 Home 12/07/02 Payed off 09/17/07 MRT powershift, W\Hurst T-handle, Painted hood stripe, AFS 10.5 and 9.0 Crome Mach 1Wheels, Ford GT Coil Covers.
"If She had a set a wings, Man I know She could fly "
2011 Kona Blue Metalic Mustang GT Premium 5.0 Rolling on 19s
"2011 Will Be Known As The Year They Perfected The Mustang "
06 Victory Kingpin With more mods than I can list
http://home.roadrunner.com/~crazyhorse/
Mikestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 03:45 PM   #82
G
Undocumented Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAEG View Post
That is correct. There was no one to contest with and it was a sloooow accel. Another TT'd Mustang could have easily passed me.

[edit] Alabama
Code of Alabama 1975, Title 32 (Motor Vehicles and Traffic), Section 32-5A-190 (Reckless driving):
(a) Any person who drives any vehicle carelessly and heedlessly in willful or wanton disregard for the rights or safety of persons or property, or without due caution and circumspection and at a speed or in a manner so as to endanger or be likely to endanger any person or property, shall be guilty of reckless driving.
1933 Ford 3W Coupe (4.6 dohc Stack Injection)
2003 Cobra TR (sold)
2014 Mustang GT (Track Pack) in Black
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 04:56 PM   #83
machths
Mach 1 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikestang View Post
now what about guys that run from cops on there bikes this seems to be a popular thing among certain bike riders there are even web sites that are set up so you can accumulate points for out runing the cops

a few years ago a state trooper lost is life chasing a guy on a sport bike. while i personaly think the cop was stupid trying to catch a sport bike with a suv and was letting his ego think for him

but with that said i feel that if that guy was caught his bike do we al think his bike should be crushed ???????????

My good friend was a local cop he told me
" If you ever get pulled over and had a few just act lke a gentelman and call me we will work it out .......... IF you try to run from them dont even bother telling them you know me"
Yep, the bikes should be crushed too. Personally, I think that if you run from cops period, you deserve the billy-club treatment. It's amazing how just acting like a gentleman can do a lot for you in many situations, whether you have a buddy on the force or not.

1996 Laser Red Cobra
Old 06-22-2007, 06:17 PM   #84
Azure Blurr
I miss my friend

I like to watch my rear window fill up with smoke.
Azure Blurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 06:35 PM   #85
G
Undocumented Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZURE GIRL View Post
I like to watch my rear window fill up with smoke.
We talkin tires or cheech & chong

2003 Cobra TR (sold)
Old 06-25-2007, 11:03 PM   #86
huntr424

I feel the problem with this crushing law is that it heavily against one segment of drivers. There are way more people killed by speeding than by street racing. Why dont the lawmakers make a crushing law for speeding. 5 mph over impound the car for 6 months, 10mph over crush it. There are literally thousands of people killed each year from speeding on "Public" roads. Those speeders should take their cars to the track and do their speeding. And all those perfect drivers who agree with the crushing law should remember the next time they chirp second they have just been found guilty of reckless driving and they deserve to have their cars crushed. And for the record I have never street raced.... I am totally against it. I do however like to drive a little fast once in a while. Does that mean my car should get crushed?

Anyways one serious question
Someone wrote that the law stated cars that were found to have the vin #'s tampered with or parts that were altered (something like that). So does that mean if lets say you get pulled over for speeding (not racing) and they pop your hood and find a blower or aftermarket exhaust, are you running the risk of getting crushed or impounded in cali?
Forged short block 9:1 compression, Procharger p1sc #12, Comp cams stage 2 blower cams, Mcleod Clutch, fidenza aluminum flywheel, T-56 tranny, pro 5.0 shifter, Aliminum driveshaft, Slp x-pipe, slp lm2's, cobra tank and pumps, KB Bap, Carbon fiber hood (painted), 03/04 cobra front bumper. Auburn pro 31 spline diff, moser axles, che upper + lower control arms, che axle brace, 410's
525rwhp 465 rwtq Mustang dyno
huntr424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 07:24 AM   #87
machths
Mach 1 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntr424 View Post
I feel the problem with this crushing law is that it heavily against one segment of drivers. There are way more people killed by speeding than by street racing. Why dont the lawmakers make a crushing law for speeding. 5 mph over impound the car for 6 months, 10mph over crush it. There are literally thousands of people killed each year from speeding on "Public" roads. Those speeders should take their cars to the track and do their speeding.
I would dispute that. Speeding is largely responsible for killing people in single vehicle accidents...i.e. losing control in a turn and smacking a tree, or too fast for conditions on a rain-slick road. One of the biggest contributors to multi-vehicle fatality accidents are the folks whipping in and out of traffic, changing lanes with no blinkers, driving like an idiot. Speed is a factor, but not the only one, and I'd say, not the determining one.
Quote:
And all those perfect drivers who agree with the crushing law should remember the next time they chirp second they have just been found guilty of reckless driving and they deserve to have their cars crushed. And for the record I have never street raced.... I am totally against it. I do however like to drive a little fast once in a while. Does that mean my car should get crushed?
If you actually read this thread, I think you would understand that all of us "perfect drivers" admitted that we're not perfect at all, but that we all seem to feel that the law is "over-the-top" but is obviously necessary because the problem is getting worse. Also, many of us that agree with the law also feel that the rules for seizure and crushing would need to be very clear and that they would only crush your car if you were caught racing, not driving fast, not hot rodding. Just for indisputable racing. Even then, most of us feel that you would need to be a repeat offender, as well, before we would agree to this law. So what's your problem?

Quote:
Anyways one serious question
Someone wrote that the law stated cars that were found to have the vin #'s tampered with or parts that were altered (something like that). So does that mean if lets say you get pulled over for speeding (not racing) and they pop your hood and find a blower or aftermarket exhaust, are you running the risk of getting crushed or impounded in cali?
Again, you need to read, not altered parts, but stolen parts. There's a big difference.

1996 Laser Red Cobra
Old 06-29-2007, 10:44 PM   #88
G
Undocumented Member

HaHaHa, I guess the title fits the event. My thread did come first.

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=707133
2003 Cobra TR (sold)