2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

Old 12-28-2009, 02:34 PM   #1
highfigh

Unhappy Merry Christmas to ME!!

Well, i'll let the pictures do the talking...

Think they will total it? I'm really bummed...
Attached Thumbnails
wreck 1.jpg   wreck 2.jpg  
Old 12-28-2009, 02:40 PM   #2
Iocane2099

Re: Merry Christmas to ME!!

Ouch that sucks man, I have been there myself. The important thing though was that everyone was ok right?
Mods: Intake Spacer, JLT Ram Air, SLP Catted X, SLP LM II, MGW Orange Shifter, Hurst White Ball, 4.10's, 31 Spline FRPP Cobra Carrier, FRPP Axles, Aluminum DS, Drilled/slotted rotors, 18x9 18x10 Black DD Bullitts, 295/35/18 and 275/35/18 Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta
Iocane2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 02:47 PM   #3
highfigh

Yea, it was just me. Believe me I am very grateful that it wasn't worse. I'm just banged up a little. I borrowed one of my parents cars to drive for the weekend. Wife had the van. Had to take it back because their other car was going in the shop today. They live 10 miles away. The roads had just started to get snow covered, so I thought I could carefully/slowly drive home. Well, summer tires/rwd/300+hp....fail/fail/fail.
Old 12-28-2009, 03:00 PM   #4
73mach03

Painful to look at. Fortunately you are okay, but the car sure looks beat up.

Yeah, snow is nasty with anything but good snow tires. And even with that, I don't ever plan on finding out how good snow tires work with my Mach 1.

I'll never forget the first time I found out how good an 85 Trans Am was in even an inch or two of snow. Traction was non-existent. I had to plan my trip home (about 6 miles) by avoiding uphill roads. I actually did a skidding sling-shot around one turn to get the momentum to get up a slight incline. Absolutely brutal.

Good luck on resolving the damage to your Mach 1.
73mach03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 03:18 PM   #5
highfigh

Thanks. Yea, as I was driving I was saying to myself that this is the LAST time I drive this car in the snow. I was right. Road out of town is like a 1% grade for a couple hundred feet, and I almost didn't make it up that. TC is totally useless in snow. Feels like u have absolutly no control of the car.
Old 12-28-2009, 03:37 PM   #6
73mach03

Quote:
Originally Posted by highfigh View Post
Thanks. Yea, as I was driving I was saying to myself that this is the LAST time I drive this car in the snow. I was right. Road out of town is like a 1% grade for a couple hundred feet, and I almost didn't make it up that. TC is totally useless in snow. Feels like u have absolutly no control of the car.
Been there before. Not a good feeling.

Whatever happens to the car, there will be other cars. Any accident you can walk away from is a pretty good one....even though it doesn't feel that way when you look at your Mach 1.
Old 12-28-2009, 03:44 PM   #7
MachWonGuy
70 Mach & 04 Mach Owner

Ouch
That sucks......hopefully everything works out for ya
Purchased Sept 24th 2008
2012 Mustang Boss 302 32V 6-Speed Race Red
Purchased June 8th 2013

Check out my Mach's & Collection at:
http://www.machwon.com
MachWonGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 03:57 PM   #8
nikbait

Oh man! OUCH! At least you're ok. The mach can be fixed, or replaced. I don't ever wanna find out how crappy the mach does in the snow. Luckily, we rarely get heavy snow here in the valley.
Old 12-28-2009, 04:44 PM   #9
NastyNate

**** that suxs sorry to hear about your accident. I go in a fight with a deer a few months ago and ended up hitting a gaurd rail on the front pass side and then slid down the guardrail on the pass side. They had to replace the front bumper and whole pass side body parts. There wasnt any structual damage. It cost about 8,000 to get it fixed. The car had 65,000 miles on it. Hey at least i got a new roush front bumper and some new paint.
NastyNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 06:51 PM   #10
highfigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
**** that suxs sorry to hear about your accident. I go in a fight with a deer a few months ago and ended up hitting a gaurd rail on the front pass side and then slid down the guardrail on the pass side. They had to replace the front bumper and whole pass side body parts. There wasnt any structual damage. It cost about 8,000 to get it fixed. The car had 65,000 miles on it. Hey at least i got a new roush front bumper and some new paint.
Thanks guys, I knew you would feel my pain Just a car, can be replaced, just hurts to see something you work hard on get destroyed.

Now I'm wondering about how I can go about making the most of this. Both bumper covers will need to be replaced, maybe there is some way I can get the shop to work with me. 01 cobra front, 03 rear is what I'm thinkin Wonder if it will make a difference to them what goes back on and if they'll order it. Even if there is a price difference between gt bumpers and cobras, can't be that much. Maybe they let me pay the difference?
Old 12-28-2009, 07:58 PM   #11
socalmach

Been there done that a few years ago, fortunately I missed the tree, brick mailbox and brick wall. Hopefully things will go well for you.

I had to do the sling shot maneuver last year getting up the driveway at my parents place last Christmas, I think there's still black lines running up near the top

www.eastcoastdomestics.com
socalmach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 08:34 PM   #12
ScreamingMach46

Holy *****! That sucks, glad your not messed up to bad. After driving my Mach last winter, I'll NEVER drive it in the snow again... I tried to pass bulldozer that was going 5mph in a 30mph zone and I gave it a little gas when I was next to him, the back end came out and I was looking right ahead of the monster rear tires, thankfully when I let off it straightened out.
N2O - 380rwhp 487rwtq
12.03 @ 110 (1.55)

SOLD

2004 Cobra - Screaming Yellow - T56 - 1 of 299
KB 2.8H @ 20lbs, 98 Intake Cams, E85, Tune by Tim Barth @ MPH
711rwhp 635rwtq
ScreamingMach46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 09:06 PM   #13
73mach03

Snow sure does take the growl out of a Mach 1. Makes it a timid kitten. No wonder my Mach 1 hides in the garage when there is snow.
Old 12-28-2009, 09:12 PM   #14
ZielkeRacing

I hope it all works out ok for you, glad you are ok! Hopefully you can keep the car also. The snowy weather can be a bugger, I know it is here in Michigan. Good luck with everything
ZielkeRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 11:34 PM   #15
highfigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOOKnGO View Post
It looks like it was on its side. If you have roof damage or rocker damage along with everything else pictured (It's done). I hope the insurance company doesn't total it, but it doesn't look good.
Wasn't on it's side for long. I did a 180 on the road and dropped off the other side maybe 3ft. It flipped side over side landed upright. Actually not a scratch on top or drivers side, so it must have been in the air after it hit the ground. Roof is probably torqued from when it hit the side, though. Should hear something from the shop tomorrow.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:35 AM   #16
04MACH ME

I'm sorry! Same way I felt when my Mach was crushed by an idiot running a red light.

If they do total it maybe you'll have to replace it with something with a 5.0.
04MACH ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:19 AM   #17
kiler be

Sorry to see your Mach like that. Glad your OK.
Good luck, I hope it works out for you.
75 Maverick 6cyl, auto ( Mean Machine )
kiler be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 11:12 AM   #18
MRS.SHKR
SHAKE ME :D

Owwie! Sucks the big one but you're okay and thats what really matters!
Ford Racing tune
Instagram: GT500Chick
Mach 1 Registry "Shelby Division"
MRS.SHKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 02:02 PM   #19
Naa-V-Doc

You walked away - no one else hurt. Life is GOOD!
Naa-V-Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 02:08 PM   #20
highfigh

Well, i haven't gotten the official word yet, but it appears the car is a total loss. I went to the shop yesterday as the guy was finishing up the estimate. He said he got to 12,050.00 and just stopped. The most damage was done by the raised manhole cover that I hit. It tore up everything underneath the car. Tore out my new exhaust, cracked the tranny case, and buckled the pass side floor. So, looks like i'll be out of the mustang game for a while. Since it wasn't a DD, and it's the middle of winter, I'm not going to be in any hurry to get another car. Though now I wouldn't mind an awd. Sti? Wife said I need something safe that can carry the kids.
Old 01-01-2010, 02:19 PM   #21
73mach03

Quote:
Originally Posted by highfigh View Post
Well, i haven't gotten the official word yet, but it appears the car is a total loss. I went to the shop yesterday as the guy was finishing up the estimate. He said he got to 12,050.00 and just stopped. The most damage was done by the raised manhole cover that I hit. It tore up everything underneath the car. Tore out my new exhaust, cracked the tranny case, and buckled the pass side floor. So, looks like i'll be out of the mustang game for a while. Since it wasn't a DD, and it's the middle of winter, I'm not going to be in any hurry to get another car. Though now I wouldn't mind an awd. Sti? Wife said I need something safe that can carry the kids.

Yikes. I was afraid of that. Sorry to hear.

Something like what you went through can sure lead you to a car that is still fun to drive, but will be safer in any weather. AWD is a blast. A used WRX STi is quite a car and something that will handle snow a LOT better than your Mach 1 and be easier for kids to get in and out of. If you are shopping newer, the new WRX puts out about 265 hp and isn't far behind the current STi in performance, while being a better value. There is also the current Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart or EVO. They are a bit pricy, but offer AWD and either a 5 speed manual or dual clutch auto with paddle shifters.

Good luck on finding something to replace your Mach 1.