2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

Old 09-24-2008, 08:55 PM   #51
rich1
AUTOMACHTIC

Re: Ford's New Motor line-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenixfire View Post
I dont know about you but I spank(maybe not spank, but i pull them) comparably modded lsx motors all the time! Even when it was stock vs stock. :P

So let me get this straight....you would rather buy a 3900 lb. Camaro SS with a 425 hp LS2 over a 3400 lb 400 hp 5.0L Mustang GT? In stock trim which do you think will win? Hell, even in modded trim which do you think will win? It sure isnt the Camaro! Its got a whopping 25 more hp and its engine is HOW MUCH bigger? Thats what I thought....More cubes dont mean crap when someone else can do more with less AND when you factor in weight.

Dont get me wrong, the LSx motors are great motors, but saying that the modulars cant hang with them makes you an ignoramus at best. They have been for years and not only have we been "hanging" with them we have been beating them too.

Go buy your Camaro SS you will have a nice car, but your gonna be pissed when all those mustangs are blowing your doors off. Especially considering how much more your gonna pay for that car too.
Auhhhhhhh According to Carcraft the SS Camaro has been Cancelled !
UPGRADES...Tokico Illuminas Borla SS Catback , Steeda Underdrives , Strut Brace , HPM Lower K Brace , L /C Arms , U /C Arms , HPM PanHard Bar, K&N FRPK 2, GOODYEAR GT1 , MRT- H-Pipe , JLT VaporTraps , SLP-12'" Tips! , FRPP Shorty 1 5/8 Headers , Brembo D/S & PBR D/S Rotors ,FRPP Alum.DS ,Roys 3/8 Spacer , SVT Focus 255 pump SCTsw Chip PRO-DYNOjet NA 300.01hp /315tq (Auto) ,Innovate W/B ,Compucar Wet Kit (90jet) + Heater and E Gauge * 360 hp/385tq 12.5 -1/4 @112
rich1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:08 PM   #52
Fenixfire
Its stock....No really!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich1 View Post
So they finally saw the light and decided it was fool hardy to try and compete with the mustang and lose again. lol (im pokin fun at the bow tie boys)
Old 09-24-2008, 09:39 PM   #53
Firebreed05
Certified Goat Herder

Quote:
The Z28 has been cancelled.....not the SS. The Z28 was rumored to come out as the top dog Camaro, sporting a 500+hp LSA powerplant. But GM knows it won't be a wise investment to bring to market......it'd cost more than a base model Corvette.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:55 PM   #54
rich1
AUTOMACHTIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebreed05 View Post
The Z28 has been cancelled.....not the SS. The Z28 was rumored to come out as the top dog Camaro, sporting a 500+hp LSA powerplant. But GM knows it won't be a wise investment to bring to market......it'd cost more than a base model Corvette.
Oh no ..The mag may not know either .Maybe then they have both been Cancelled have you seen any press releases from GM since the first of the year ?
UPGRADES...Tokico Illuminas Borla SS Catback , Steeda Underdrives , Strut Brace , HPM Lower K Brace , L /C Arms , U /C Arms , HPM PanHard Bar, K&N FRPK 2, GOODYEAR GT1 , MRT- H-Pipe , JLT VaporTraps , SLP-12'" Tips! , FRPP Shorty 1 5/8 Headers , Brembo D/S & PBR D/S Rotors ,FRPP Alum.DS ,Roys 3/8 Spacer , SVT Focus 255 pump SCTsw Chip PRO-DYNOjet NA 300.01hp /315tq (Auto) ,Innovate W/B ,Compucar Wet Kit (90jet) + Heater and E Gauge * 360 hp/385tq 12.5 -1/4 @112
rich1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:57 PM   #55
Fenixfire
Its stock....No really!

Either way, I dont like the fact that they are cancelling stuff as its not usually a good sign for them financially. I understand not encroaching in vette territory, but still.....its definitely hard times.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:04 PM   #56
Firebreed05
Certified Goat Herder

Quote:
Oh no ..The mag may not know either .Maybe then they have both been Cancelled have you seen any press releases from GM since the first of the year ?
Maybe not. I think alot of mags were assuming that the SS would be the top dog Camaro.....but GM was looking to go old school and give that slot to the Z28 badge once again. Unfortunately, GM waited too long to get the Camaro out and now I guess they feel the market for a 500HP Camaro that costs more than an LS3 Vette is dead. In essence: the 500HP Camaro plans have been scrapped.......whatever they were gonna call it.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:42 PM   #57
Shaker1
Living The Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04azuremach View Post
...Hate me all you want.
At least you don't have to worry that we hate you cuz you're beautiful!
Shaker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 11:45 PM   #58
Shaker1
Living The Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder View Post
He'll just blowup that LS engine also!
Not if he keeps the hood closed.
Shaker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 11:46 PM   #59
04azuremach
Loud, fast and fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenixfire View Post
I dont know about you but I spank(maybe not spank, but i pull them) comparably modded lsx motors all the time! Even when it was stock vs stock. :P

So let me get this straight....you would rather buy a 3900 lb. Camaro SS with a 425 hp LS2 over a 3400 lb 400 hp 5.0L Mustang GT? In stock trim which do you think will win? Hell, even in modded trim which do you think will win? It sure isnt the Camaro! Its got a whopping 25 more hp and its engine is HOW MUCH bigger? Thats what I thought....More cubes dont mean crap when someone else can do more with less AND when you factor in weight.

Dont get me wrong, the LSx motors are great motors, but saying that the modulars cant hang with them makes you an ignoramus at best. They have been for years and not only have we been "hanging" with them we have been beating them too.

Go buy your Camaro SS you will have a nice car, but your gonna be pissed when all those mustangs are blowing your doors off. Especially considering how much more your gonna pay for that car too.
Dude, even if the Mustang wins stock for stock, do you have any idea how easy it is to make rediculous HP with an LSX motor? You can't do crap to our engines without pulling them out. You have a mostly stock car. I have a built car from front to back, so I look at it differently. If I build another car, I want it to be one where I can actually do 95% of the work myself without an engine stand. You can gain 50 rwhp from just a cam in an LSX motor.. we get like 25 and it's about 5 times the cost since most of us can't do that ourselves.
04azuremach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 09:07 AM   #60
Apollo240
12's

Quote:
Dude, even if the Mustang wins stock for stock, do you have any idea how easy it is to make rediculous HP with an LSX motor? You can't do crap to our engines without pulling them out. You have a mostly stock car. I have a built car from front to back, so I look at it differently. If I build another car, I want it to be one where I can actually do 95% of the work myself without an engine stand. You can gain 50 rwhp from just a cam in an LSX motor.. we get like 25 and it's about 5 times the cost since most of us can't do that ourselves.
Yea thats very true. Headers are a couple hour job with the motor inside the car. My buddy did them on his 05 GTO without any issues. Cams, I dont know, having never done them I dont think my opinion really counts but on the Mach you have them right there when you pop the hood. For a LS motor dont you have to take the entire front end off?

Current: Ls1 Corvette
Apollo240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 09:48 AM   #61
04azuremach
Loud, fast and fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo240 View Post
Yea thats very true. Headers are a couple hour job with the motor inside the car. My buddy did them on his 05 GTO without any issues. Cams, I dont know, having never done them I dont think my opinion really counts but on the Mach you have them right there when you pop the hood. For a LS motor dont you have to take the entire front end off?
Good luck changing the cams on your Mach without pulling the motor. It CAN be done, but it's MUCH easier to swap a cam on an F-body. Can be done in a day no problem in your own garage.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:10 AM   #62
Apollo240
12's

Quote:
Good luck changing the cams on your Mach without pulling the motor. It CAN be done, but it's MUCH easier to swap a cam on an F-body. Can be done in a day no problem in your own garage.

I do agree with you, LS motors respond very well to mods and are fairly easy to work on. The parts are ALOT cheaper too...I guess you gotta pay to play
Only problem is a goat is not a good platform to start with...275's barely fit, to go any bigger you gotta start moding things...Camaro and Vette wheels wont fit it, the A/C line gets in the way when doing the headers. My buddy whished he woulda bought a WS6 instead of his goat, but he needed the big bad LS2 lol

Old 09-25-2008, 10:15 AM   #63
Uloset
Fastest Mach 1 Somewhere

Quote:
Yea but the GTO has a huge engine bay. I've never worked on the 05+ cars but they seem to have much more room under the hood, even when considering the heads are smaller on the 3v's. Either way Ford is not too worried about the people who are going to be tearing the engines down. Fact is most people keep the cars pretty much stock.

I have a problem every time I pull up to some ricer a strange buzzing noise comes from behind me, any clue what it could be?
Uloset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 10:51 AM   #64
Fenixfire
Its stock....No really!

I dont think its as easy or inexpensive as you say. If that were the case then how come there arent more cammed ls1's out there? I know a ton of fbodies in my area and i only know of two that are cammed. The rest just have bolt ons and when i ask them why they dont get cams they say too expensive.

I dont know. I know they can make more power N/A than we can, but we can strap on a supercharger for relatively cheap and make 450rwhp safely(as long as its a good tune). After that tho then you gotta build the motor.

Also, at this point my car is far from stock. Performance wise its mostly stock, but my entire driveline is built save for the motor, but im searching for a teksid block now to get that built too.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:07 AM   #65
Apollo240
12's

I've never come up on a cammed Mach, only place I have seen them is on here. 2500 is about the average price for a Eaton which is the cheapest boost you can get(please correct me if im wrong, cheaper boost is always good) Im not too big on the F-Bodys anymore but I know those motors are strong. Theres a reason they keep using the same platform.

Old 09-25-2008, 11:18 AM   #66
04azuremach
Loud, fast and fun

I've put a cam in a friend's F-body before along with springs and pushrods. I wouldn't even think about trying to do that with my car. I love my car to death and I'll probably keep it forever, but if you can't recognize the potential of the LSX motors, you're just being ignorant!
Old 09-25-2008, 12:50 PM   #67
Five Oh B
Two-Time Mach 1 Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdman941 View Post
I have never been a fan of the 3V motor at all.
2V mods had their place, as did the 4V.
3V is a waste and a stop gap.
yeah yeah,you can make power with a 3V, but why bother?
Why bother? There's nothing wrong with the 3V. I've owned one of each: 2V, 3V, and 4V. My daily driver 07 GT Automatic with a very basic blower (non-intercooled) makes 351 rwhp with a very conservative/safe tune, runs mid 12's at 110+ in the 1/4 mile, and gets 24 mpg on the highway. It's a very comfortable car that's fast, as well.

The 3V can support much more power than most people will ever want or need for a daily driver. Same can be said of the 4V's. Truth be told, even the 2V's were enough performance for the vast majority of drivers out there (even if not for those of us here in the forums), but with the current hp race going on, everyone seems to think you need 400, 500, 600, or more hp. There's only so much hp you can use on the street, and only so much the chassis can effectively put down anyway, so where to draw the line?

I don't understand all the anti-3V rhetoric here? We're all Mustang fans, we all bleed Ford blue, and we all like going fast. 3V or 4V? Who cares, they're both cool platforms to build from. Can we drop the elitist attitudes and appreciate all Mustangs?
Five Oh B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 01:21 PM   #68
Apollo240
12's

Quote:
I've put a cam in a friend's F-body before along with springs and pushrods. I wouldn't even think about trying to do that with my car. I love my car to death and I'll probably keep it forever, but if you can't recognize the potential of the LSX motors, you're just being ignorant!
Hes right, LS motor's are strong and fast especially with work done. It just depends how you go about doing it and what you do. Our 4v's could keep up no prob but again depending what you do(n/a, boost)

Old 09-25-2008, 01:24 PM   #69
Linumup

Quote:
I've never come up on a cammed Mach, only place I have seen them is on here. 2500 is about the average price for a Eaton which is the cheapest boost you can get(please correct me if im wrong, cheaper boost is always good) Im not too big on the F-Bodys anymore but I know those motors are strong. Theres a reason they keep using the same platform.
Yeah but you have seen a cammed Mach !
Heard it as well .
HP Custom Cams
ATI Racing TH400 Cheetah SCS Air Assisted Shifter
Strange 31 spline axles w/3:55
F1R Procharger w/Cog Set-up
Magnafuel 750 -10AN Feed -8AN Return
200 Direct Wet w/MSD window switch & controller
Big Stuff 3 w/Gen. 3 Pro EFI system
Kooks 1.78 LTS 3" Custom Exhaust
Tuning by DGR Racing

DYNO KING
Linumup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 01:27 PM   #70
04azuremach
Loud, fast and fun

Apollo go to MIR on October 25th and you'll see at least 2 cammed Mach's lol. Bill, you are going, right? Our cars have never both been running at the same place at the same time lmao
Old 09-25-2008, 01:33 PM   #71
Apollo240
12's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five Oh B View Post
Why bother? There's nothing wrong with the 3V. I've owned one of each: 2V, 3V, and 4V. My daily driver 07 GT Automatic with a very basic blower (non-intercooled) makes 351 rwhp with a very conservative/safe tune, runs mid 12's at 110+ in the 1/4 mile, and gets 24 mpg on the highway. It's a very comfortable car that's fast, as well.

The 3V can support much more power than most people will ever want or need for a daily driver. Same can be said of the 4V's. Truth be told, even the 2V's were enough performance for the vast majority of drivers out there (even if not for those of us here in the forums), but with the current hp race going on, everyone seems to think you need 400, 500, 600, or more hp. There's only so much hp you can use on the street, and only so much the chassis can effectively put down anyway, so where to draw the line?

I don't understand all the anti-3V rhetoric here? We're all Mustang fans, we all bleed Ford blue, and we all like going fast. 3V or 4V? Who cares, they're both cool platforms to build from. Can we drop the elitist attitudes and appreciate all Mustangs?

The car itself isnt bad, the 3v just doest do it for me. Thats just my opinion, its not a bad car or set up though and Im sure it could be fast. I have thought about them, I just cant take a GT, too common for me. I need to be slightly different(as much as I can even though its a Mustang) and changing a cars looks isnt enough for me, its still a GT on the registration. Come out with a Boss or Mach, thats a different motor in a limited production car, we may have something.

Old 09-25-2008, 01:33 PM   #72
Linumup

Quote:
Apollo go to MIR on October 25th and you'll see at least 2 cammed Mach's lol. Bill, you are going, right? Our cars have never both been running at the same place at the same time lmao
I ran last night . 10.02 and 10.61
R/T 000
Et 133 and 138
I was breaking up on the top end , voltage problems , battery is bad , Big Stuff was shutting me down to keep it from going lean .
Im moving my battery to the back as we speak , putting in two batterys .. Also putting in kill switch , using the Ford emblem .
HP Custom Cams
Tuning by DGR Racing

DYNO KING
Old 09-25-2008, 01:34 PM   #73
Apollo240
12's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linumup View Post
Yeah but you have seen a cammed Mach !
Heard it as well .
Quote:
Oh yea! How could I forget about that! Thats not just a Mach 1, its a monster with 4 wheels attached to it lol. Yea I saw it, heard it, felt it lol(from across the parking lot hahaa

Old 09-25-2008, 01:36 PM   #74
04azuremach
Loud, fast and fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linumup View Post
I ran last night . 10.02 and 10.61
R/T 000
Et 133 and 138
I was breaking up on the top end , voltage problems , battery is bad , Big Stuff was shutting me down to keep it from going lean .
Im moving my battery to the back as we speak , putting in two batterys .. Also putting in kill switch , using the Ford emblem .
So is that a yes or a no?
Old 09-25-2008, 01:40 PM   #75
Linumup

Quote:
So is that a yes or a no?
Fri is a good possibility , Sat is out im the coach of my sons football team and we are cleaning house right now at 3-0 .

Our rec. just installed a 1.5 million dollar artificial turf field . We play on it next weekend .
HP Custom Cams
Tuning by DGR Racing

DYNO KING