2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > Buying & Selling > Mustangs Parts For Sale/Wanted

Mustangs Parts For Sale/Wanted Looking for a Mustang or Part or have one for sale? Post it here!

Old 06-23-2011, 11:14 PM   #1
E-MACH

Need a Stock Temp Gauge!

Anybody have a stock Mach 1 temperature gauge to sell? Mine went AWOL and won't sweep, just stuck in the middle. If you refit with aftermarket gauges and want to sell your gauge(s) please let me know ASAP. I have an 04 with manual transmission if it even makes a difference. Thanks, Evan ebevirt@sbcglobal.net
Old 06-23-2011, 11:21 PM   #2
southfour

Re: Need a Stock Temp Gauge!

i have an entire cluster from a manual that i bought just for the silver lens, so it would be just the electronic and actual gauge face, no lens.

if this is what you need make an offer

thanks
southfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 11:33 PM   #3
E-MACH

Quote:
Originally Posted by southfour View Post
i have an entire cluster from a manual that i bought just for the silver lens, so it would be just the electronic and actual gauge face, no lens.

if this is what you need make an offer

thanks
Hi, I wouldn't need the lens. Is the instrument cluster made so I can just remove the temp gauge, or is it all a single sealed up unit... I've never had mine out so I honestly don't know. I really don't need the whole unit if it can be separated, but let me know if you don't want to part out the unit. Thanks, Evan
Old 06-24-2011, 12:05 AM   #4
southfour

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-MACH View Post
Hi, I wouldn't need the lens. Is the instrument cluster made so I can just remove the temp gauge, or is it all a single sealed up unit... I've never had mine out so I honestly don't know. I really don't need the whole unit if it can be separated, but let me know if you don't want to part out the unit. Thanks, Evan
im not going to pull it apart, it is all one piece that has the spedo, tach, odo, water temp, everything all in one unit

this cluster below is from a GT but the mach 1, one should look exactly the same (this is the electronic part)

Old 06-24-2011, 12:37 AM   #5
SloSVO

also if you swap out the cluster your going to have to "marry" the cluster to the PCM'' The 05-06 cars had a issue with the lil motors.. I think you can buy them at radio shack or some electronics store.. there is a write up on s197F
SloSVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 02:07 PM   #6
E-MACH

OK, what I still need to know is can I remove just the temp gauge from the cluster, or is that un-doable? How much do you want for the whole unit?
Old 06-24-2011, 10:31 PM   #7
southfour

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-MACH View Post
OK, what I still need to know is can I remove just the temp gauge from the cluster, or is that un-doable? How much do you want for the whole unit?
I honestly do not know, if i were you i would take your cluster out of your dash and see if it is, im out of town right now so i cannot look at mine.

if you decide that you want what i have PM me, it will look exactly like the first pic i posted except its from a manual mach 1.

thanks
Old 06-24-2011, 11:17 PM   #8
Jagplay

Just asking but have you tried the sending unit its self.
Turn the car on and take the wire off the sending unit and ground it out, it should peg out, then you can narrow it down from the sending unit, wireing or the cluster itself.
All else fails, if it sticks when the key is off, beat the dash a little to see if it will break loose.
Jagplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 08:56 AM   #9
E-MACH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagplay View Post
Just asking but have you tried the sending unit its self.
Turn the car on and take the wire off the sending unit and ground it out, it should peg out, then you can narrow it down from the sending unit, wireing or the cluster itself.
All else fails, if it sticks when the key is off, beat the dash a little to see if it will break loose.
When I turn on the ignition it jumps to the halfway position. When I did the on board diagnostic test, all the other gauges do their healthy dial sweep, except temperature. I think it's the culprit. If the sender unit was bad, would the gauge do this? Thanks.